• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

Cross Kaine off the veep list now with McAuliffe being investigated by the feds. But I'm kinda impressed that he's made it 3 years into his term before possibly being indicted. He's always had sleaze written all over him. I despised him in the 2008 campaign, but I gotta admit he hasn't been that bad as governor - he's at least vetoed a lot of bad shite from the GA.

FWIW, if he's indicted, that would make it 2 governors in a row. Reminds me of being a kid in MD and having Agnew and Mandel getting criminal charges.

Obama's a master manipulator. Got McDonnell sent to the big house, forced the VA GOP to have a convention rather than a primary to ensure they'd have a statewide slate of social conservatives that made Huckabee look like Rob Portman, put a sleazy crook like McAulliffe in place, got Cantor voted out in a primary, and now the Feds go after McAulliffe. Sure works the DOJ like a puppetmaster. Maybe Hillary will get indicted now, so Uncle Joe or Warren can Wally Pipp the Pantsuit Harpy.

Trump's now urging Little Marco to run again. Rubio nearly destroyed his career by going after Trump's dick size. Another loss so soon in FL would definitely end his political career. Would beat Grayson, but not sure about Murphy.

Trump's now urging Little Marco to run again. Rubio nearly destroyed his career by going after Trump's dick size. Another loss so soon in FL would definitely end his political career. Would beat Grayson, but not sure about Murphy.

I'm sure he has a cushy job lined up. He rarely showed up to vote when he was in the senate anyway. Why TF would he want to run again for a job he despises?

I'm sure he has a cushy job lined up. He rarely showed up to vote when he was in the senate anyway. Why TF would he want to run again for a job he despises?

Why would Trump want Rubio to run again? Trump can't stop using Bernie's words against Hillary, but he doesn't think any the Little Marco stuff would come up again?

The first time (we know of) that 2 Presidents have had sex with each other.

The first time (we know of) that 2 Presidents have had sex with each other.

Would not be surprised if Bubba and Trump both banged the same chick at some point. Not at the same time and definitely #nothillary. Maybe not a hummer, but Nixon definitely made Ford give him a hand job.

Would not be surprised if Bubba and Trump both banged the same chick at some point. Not at the same time and definitely #nothillary. Maybe not a hummer, but Nixon definitely made Ford give him a hand job.

Wonder who would have banged both Bubba & Trump?

Wonder who would have banged both Bubba & Trump?

Carla Bruni? Will be interesting to see the inevitable parade of Bubba's and Trump's alleged former, recent past (and current?) mistresses. Have no doubt that Bubba's still fucking around, but 50/50 Trump's cheating on Melanoma.

I'm stunned that no woman has come forward saying Trump made her get an abortion.

I'm stunned that no woman has come forward saying Trump made her get an abortion.

Surprised that or a love child hasn't surfaced yet. Seems reasonably certain that Trump was fucking around and not wrapping up in NYC during the AIDS era of the '80s and '90s.

If Trump's talking Paula Jones et all instead of current/recent Bubba mistresses, probably means Trump also has current/recent side pieces. Reprising Bubba's greatest hits of the '90s makes Newt an even more insane Trump VP.

Be patient, it's early.

If you don't think there are Trump scandals waiting for the fall, I don't know what to say.

Yeah. Republicans took it easy on Trump for fear their attacks wouldn't matter and he would be damaged for the general.

I have a feeling there are some bombs waiting for after the convention.

Yeah. Republicans took it easy on Trump for fear their attacks wouldn't matter and he would be damaged for the general.

I have a feeling there are some bombs waiting for after the convention.

Like rain off the back of a duck.

No doubt that a barrage of shit will be dumped on both Trump and the Clintons between now and November, only question is the timing. Dems won't do jack until after Trump is the formal nominee, but curious to see what they dump during and immediately after the GOP Convention.

Trump will be able to eventually get tepid endorsements from Ryan, Kasich, and Walker, but doubt Toomey, Portman, Johnson, and Ayotte campaign/appear with Trump. Will be McCain's last campaign, but still a wild card.

Wyoming Senator John Barrasso is in charge of the GOP platform. Weaseled out of any definitive answers on whether the platform will include planks on mass deportation or a Muslim ban. Strongly hinted the platform would not.

Trump probably won't fight the abortion ban plank since every GOP nominee has ignored the platform and supported exceptions, but will get dicey if he tries to force the mass deportation and Muslim ban planks into the platform. Would be extremely problematic for the most vulnerable GOP incumbents in blue and purple states. Not to mention a legislative nightmare for Southwestern 'Pubs.

Will also be interesting to see how much traction Cruz and other social conservatives get in trying to extend anti-LGBT platform planks.

John Thune, Ayotte, and Burr are now allegedly being considered for Trump's VP. All are running for re-election in November. Ayotte would make sense for Trump, but not for her. Extremely close election in a swing state, and likely loses her seat. Burr's election is pretty close too. Thune's in a safe seat.

Thune makes a lot of sense from a GOP perspective. Ayotte and Burr, not so much.

Back