• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

Very good point. They'd rather troll the libs with fake ballot boxes than engage in the political work of developing a functional platform recruiting a coalition.

Well they should have stood in long lines to vote early, amirite?

Why shouldn't they? We all have to do it.

If you have 3 weeks to early vote plus the option to mail in your ballot, and you put it off until election day that's a you thing.

Why shouldn't they? We all have to do it.

If you have 3 weeks to early vote plus the option to mail in your ballot, and you put it off until election day that's a you thing.

That’s the point. We don’t “all” have to stand in long lines.

Yep

In 13 years in my current address I’ve only had a line at my regular polling place once. Just left and came back later to no line.

OTOH...when voting early...usually a line.

Just to clarify, there will be longer lines than usual in many places. But only certain places will have ridiculous new ride at Disney type lines.

When I dropped off my ballots the other day, the line was at least 60-70 deep at Southside Library. One thing people aren't mentioning (much) in all this is that, as a country, we should be doing everything possible to prevent people from having to stand in close proximity to one another for extended periods of time. So, really, any line of significance is a problem.

So wear a mask and spread out. The lines at a lot if these polling places are outside too.

The lines are outside because the lines are long and people are social distancing.

So, does Cal Cunningham still have a chance?

He has a narrow lead in the polls. Cooper has a big lead. Biden and Trump are close. Seems like things are in Cunningham's direction.

it's such a weird dynamic in NC with the varying polling between Biden/Cooper/Cunningham. Like how Trump won by a decent margin in 2016 but Cooper won by just a handful of votes.

It's not that unusual. Jim Hunt won his races by sizable margins while NC went for Republicans nationally. And that was during the Jesse Helms era as well. Bush won big in 2000 and 2004 while Easley won the governor race.

People by and large realize that Cooper has done a good job as governor (2&2 is died, so he doesn't count), and McCrory was terrible. My mother lives in upstate South Carolina, but gets news out of Asheville, and she is constantly talking about how great Cooper seems, particularly in his Covid press conferences. He projects himself as caring yet capable, and that goes a long way. Also, Dan Forest is a joke. I expect Cooper to win easily, but the president and senate votes will be very close.

Not really the correct thread I guess, but anyone care to handicap the NC Atty General race?

Voted Saturday. Walked right up to Hough High School and hardly even slowed down before I was out of there. I guess there were maybe 20 voting booths and maybe 8 people there voting. The whole thing didn't take 7 minutes from when I got out of my car.

Back