• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

The most recent polls in Perdue/Ossoff race in GA make it an dead heat (polling generally has a 3% margin of error):

Emerson College Poll (Oct. 29-31) 48/49 Ossoff
Monmouth University Poll (Oct. 23-27) 48/49 Ossoff
Landmark Communications (October 28) 47/47
Public Policy Polling (October 27-28) 44/47 Ossoff
YouGov Polling (Oct. 20-23) 47/46 Perdue

Looks like this will be a contested election regardless of who is leading the vote count on Wednesday.

So that race will go to December if neither gets 50% as well, right?

Yeah most likely there are two senate runoffs in Georgia. Thanks Shane Hazel!

Nice way to get some extra Christmas cashflow into the state every two years.

So that race will go to December if neither gets 50% as well, right?

January 5.

The December runoff is state and local elections. So we will have 2 more months of Ossoff/Perdue and Warnock/Collins or Loeffler ads.

Geez. I look forward to seeing ads about how Rev. Warnock will continue AOC's War on Christmas.

Its interesting being a swing state now. Political commercials, maybe some local stuff but never the national ads and super pacs. Mailers, 10+ mailers a day. Text messages, so many text messages about voting, where to vote, who to vote for.

Its interesting being a swing state now. Political commercials, maybe some local stuff but never the national ads and super pacs. Mailers, 10+ mailers a day. Text messages, so many text messages about voting, where to vote, who to vote for.

I live in VA, which is considered safe for Biden. Know of lots of VA people who are headed up (or who have already travelled) to PA to electioneer, poll watch, assist voters getting to the polls or do whatever they can to ensure that every vote is counted in PA tomorrow. Got to be insane in that state right now.

It’s so sad that it takes a herculean effort to compete with such a monster.

I live in VA, which is considered safe for Biden. Know of lots of VA people who are headed up (or who have already travelled) to PA to electioneer, poll watch, assist voters getting to the polls or do whatever they can to ensure that every vote is counted in PA tomorrow. Got to be insane in that state right now.

I did an election day training yesterday that included de-escalation. Fun!

I do appreciate people coming to town to help. Volunteers are a limited resource, unlike the Super PAC spending in the state.

Where in VA? Where I am, we're inundated with Webb/Good ads but only the occasional Spanberger, Warner or Biden ad.

In Richmond (Donald McEachin's district, which is safe blue), I see more Spangeberger ads than anything, even though she is a district away. Webb/Good is two districts away, and I probably see almost as many of their ads as Mark Warner. Trump/Biden ads are somewhere in the middle. As for yard signs, most of them in the area are concerned with the mayoral race in Richmond.

Where in VA? Where I am, we're inundated with Webb/Good ads but only the occasional Spanberger, Warner or Biden ad.

Fairfax County. Jennifer Wexton's district (10th). She has a 20 point lead in the polls. Yes, I've seen more Webb and Spanberger adds than any other congressional race.

Back