• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

One of the leading GOP Senate contenders dropped out citing his belief that Little Marco was running for reelection.

POLITICO BREAKING – Rep. Jolly drops Senate bid, to run for reelection:
GOP Rep. David Jolly announced Friday that he is dropping his Senate bid and instead running for reelection to the House in his Florida district.
Jolly has previously said that he would bow out if Sen. Marco Rubio decided to run for reelection, and early on Friday morning Jolly said on CNN that he believed Rubio plans to do so.
Jolly’s move to run for another House term sets up a clash with former Gov. Charlie Crist, the Republican-turned-Democrat now running for Jolly’s St. Petersburg-based seat. Court-ordered redistricting added thousands of new Democratic voters to Jolly’s district, which originally played a role in his decision to run for Senate.
(via POLITICO for iOS)
http://www.politico.com

W is going out on the campaign trail for several of the Senate candidates but not for Trump.

John Cornyn is the number two 'Pub in the Senate. He's vowed to stop talking about Trump until after the election.

I don't think they get it. Trump is their party nominee. They won't be able to avoid him.

When is Florida GOP Senate primary?

August 30. It really will be interesting to see if Little Marco still has traction given his dismal showing in the Presidential primary... assuming he decides to run for re-election

Gotta suck to be Rubio at this point. I mean not only did you get killed in the primary, but you will be forever known as Little Marco. I think its hilarious as he is a shallow boob and a terrible politician.

August 30. It really will be interesting to see if Little Marco still has traction given his dismal showing in the Presidential primary... assuming he decides to run for re-election

If he runs and loses, his political career is over.

If he runs, I can't imagine his opponent not running Rubio's statements about how much he hated the Senate almost non-stop.

I think you're overestimating the average intelligence of the Florida voting populace.

Little Marco got 27% in the GOP Presidential Primary. That's it. I feel like Trump could end Little Marco if he backed a primary candidate and came here and campaigned after the GOP convention.

Little Marco got 27% in the GOP Presidential Primary. That's it. I feel like Trump could end Little Marco if he backed a primary candidate and came here and campaigned after the GOP convention.

Not in either Trump's or Little Marco's best interests to both run now. Both looked horrible attacking each other during the campaign and neither wants new reminders of that now.

FL GOP is weaker than I thought if wannabes are jumping ship before Little Marco even announces. He's definitely done if he loses, but he may be thinking of another run in 2020 by even thinking about running again so soon.

How does someone's who's acted completely disinterested in holding the office he has run for it again?

I am actually thinking Franken from Minn. might get the call.

Seems like there's more buzz for Amy Kloubechar than Franken. She's extremely bright and younger, but not charismatic. Would prefer Warren, Brown, or Franken over AK.

Reading more Warren buzz. Tapping Warren would allow Hillary to tell Bernie to fuck off with fewer repercussions.

Gotta admit I never would have thought the first woman president signs have a VP who also a woman a more popular.

McCain & Kirkpatrick (Dem) were tied @ 42 in the last poll (April). New poll expected out tomorrow. Had McCain left politics in 2000, he would have a significantly better legacy.

As close as it appears, I think a lot of the no choice people are silently for McCain. I think he wins by 4-6%. If he loses, it is an omen for a landslide.

Little Man back in the game!!

That likely changes it from a slight Dem advantage to a slight Pub advantage, but after his disastrous performance in the presidential primary, I'd hardly call him a sure thing. And yeah, I don't get why he's running for a job he abhors doing. Maybe just to win the seat, then leave after a year or 2 for a cushy job and let the Pub governor appoint a replacement?

Hillary already has a 9 point lead in FL. Dems realize it's EC ball game if they win FL. Little Marco's done if he loses again so soon. Will spend even more in FL now that a twofer's possible.

Hillary already has a 9 point lead in FL. Dems realize it's EC ball game if they win FL. Little Marco's done if he loses again so soon. Will spend even more in FL now that a twofer's possible.

Yep. Patrick Murphy is about to become the most popular man in the Dem party. He can knock out the hated Alan Grayson in the primary, end Little Marco, and help deliver FL for Hillary.

Back