• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

jimdzbvauwndxjwymksh.png

giphy.gif

OMG. I thought it was was a joke. I'm guessing the TN 3rd district isn't metro Memphis. Maybe it's rural NE TN. So if you're Melungeon, are you fer or agin Rick Tyler?

He's apparently from Polk Co. That's the very SE corner of the state where the Ocoee River is (where they had the Olympic white water events). That would be Appalachia. Good to see that the district is only mildly gerrymandered. Looks like the only population center he has is some of the Chattanooga metro area. And it looks like the Northern part of his district looks a bit too far west to include much of the Melungeon population.

Just sent a campaign contribution to Rick Tyler under the names of "USF Sociology Professor" and "RJ - The Moderate"

"Can't I get some black pepper and cheese on my grits?"

"Hell no! Make grits white again!"

Yep. Patrick Murphy is about to become the most popular man in the Dem party. He can knock out the hated Alan Grayson in the primary, end Little Marco, and help deliver FL for Hillary.

Multiple questions about Murphy's resume (claimed an additional degree, never passed the CPA exam). Damaged goods now, looking good for Little Marco. Especially if he runs against Grayson.

It's more like a Hillary landslide in FL will put Murphy in office rather the other way around.

It's more like a Hillary landslide in FL will put Murphy in office rather the other way around.

I tend to agree with this as HRC is going to landslide FL in her direction. Murphy will just ride the coattails. IMO, little Marco is also damaged goods as he hates the job, is a robot, and can't stand the thought of backing Don although he said he would.

The only hiccup could be naming Rick Scott VP. Then the biggest crook ever to be governor of a major state could rig the vote. No votes would count in Miami or the Orlando corridor. There would only be one polling station in each area.

I think Marco will do better in FL than Trump. Hopefully, the little weasel won't sneak in the back door.

No matter what anyone think, Rick Scott adds nothing but hate to the ticket.

Yeah, Thune is too young and bright to get mixed up with this crap.

My dough is on Chris Christie as he really has no political future left other than swinging for the fences with Trump.

Meet the Press claims Trump's final four are Christie, Thune, Corker, and Rick Scott. Seems more than a little underwhelming.

Thune is an affable lightweight whose state is already in the bag. Wouldn't hitch his star to Trump unless he thinks it's a likely win. Tough to explain the Trump connection if he wants to run in 2020.

Christie adds nothing. Tristate area, especially metro NYC, is already off the table.

Corker has more substance than Thune, but no charisma and a state that is already in the bag.

Trump has to have FL and already is behind by high single digits. Scott and Rubio seem like Hail Marys.

Still think it will be Newt-which will be an OWG infidelity shitstorm.

7a1ee345041648d31e110e3935395ce3.jpg

Do you start running away from Trump now or nah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only decent numbers there for Pubs are Ayotte and Portman. Both those races have consistently been within a couple points either way and look like they'll remain close to the end. We've known Johnson has been dead man walking. This just confirms that, and the only positive thing about that is Pubs may now not waste any $$ there. The AZ poll shows what many of us thought - that McCain is in a tight fight. And this is the closest I've seen Toomey's race, so that's a bad number. And Grassley has won easily many times over. Kinda odd that for years IA kept electing both Grassley and Harkin for years by wide margins. That race being in single digits is surprising. I had AZ, AR and MO as potential long shots to watch out for, but I hadn't thought to put IA on that list.

Edited to add there was a FL poll yesterday showing Little Marco and Murphy tied. Last one I saw had Rubio ahead.

Last edited:
The only decent numbers there for Pubs are Ayotte and Portman. Both those races have consistently been within a couple points either way and look like they'll remain close to the end. We've known Johnson has been dead man walking. This just confirms that, and the only positive thing about that is Pubs may now not waste any $$ there. The AZ poll shows what many of us thought - that McCain is in a tight fight. And this is the closest I've seen Toomey's race, so that's a bad number. And Grassley has won easily many times over. Kinda odd that for years IA kept electing both Grassley and Harkin for years by wide margins. That race being in single digits is surprising. I had AZ, AR and MO as potential long shots to watch out for, but I hadn't thought to put IA on that list.

Edited to add there was a FL poll yesterday showing Little Marco and Murphy tied. Last one I saw had Rubio ahead.

Dems have made a concerted effort for a few months to go hard after AZ, MO, IA, WI, OH, and NH Senate seats based on blocking Garland. At the time, thought MO & IA were overreaches, but pretty clear from Nate Silver's early read that AZ and MO are definitely in play statewide.

Obama flirted with nominating Iowan Jane Kelly just to embarrass Grassley. McConnell has to back down on the Planned Parenthood poison pill on Zika funding sooner rather than later unless they want another coordinated ad campaign in those states.

Was initially surprised that HRC wasn't spending yet in PA, MI, and WI, but IL's conspicuously absent in Senate spending.

Rube, you keep forgetting IL. Duckworth is going to beat Kirk there. Maybe they realize, Kirk is dead in the water.

Rube, you keep forgetting IL. Duckworth is going to beat Kirk there. Maybe they realize, Kirk is dead in the water.

We're on the same page. DNC apparently thinks IL's already in the bag. Will be interesting if and when the RNC pulls out on Kirk and Johnson.

Still surprised HRC's campaign isn't spending yet in PA, MI, and WI. DWS is still a mess, but DNC made ambitious early bets on IA, MO, and AZ Senate races.

We're on the same page. DNC apparently thinks IL's already in the bag. Will be interesting if and when the RNC pulls out on Kirk and Johnson.

Still surprised HRC's campaign isn't spending yet in PA, MI, and WI. DWS is still a mess, but DNC made ambitious early bets on IA, MO, and AZ Senate races.

They should pull out on Kirk and Johnson. The smart thing would be to focus all their money on AZ, AR, MO, IA, FL, OH, PA and NH. They either should win or well could win those states.

But just imagine what these senate races would look like if the Dems didn't have such an atrocious candidate at the top of the ticket. If Gillibrand were at the top of the ticket, I really think you'd see a senate landslide. Both parties had such shite choices this year.

Back