• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

It wasn't until my third trip to Omaha that I realized you are over Iowa within 10 seconds of taking off from the Omaha airport - assuming you take off north or east.

Back when Wake played at Nebraska, our group of guys stayed in St. Joseph’s, MO, about an hour north of KC and 2+ hours from Lincoln. We drove up for the afternoon game and passed a welcome to Iowa sign. None of us had any idea we had to go through Iowa to get to Lincoln.

So not to go too far down the Omaha/Nebraska/Iowa rabbit hole, but ... the Missouri River separates Nebraska from Iowa in that area - with Nebraska being on the west and Iowa on the east. However, there is this tiny part of Iowa that is actually on the west side of the river and surrounded by Omaha. Evidently it was on the Iowa side of the river until there was a big flood in the late 1800s that changed where the river flowed. After that, it ended up on the other side of the river - but was still considered Iowa. It is basically the area that is just south of the airport, so if you are going to the airport from the south, you pass through about 20 seconds of Iowa.

Iowa-Nebraska%2C+Carter+Lake+Map.png

So not to go too far down the Omaha/Nebraska/Iowa rabbit hole, but ... the Missouri River separates Nebraska from Iowa in that area - with Nebraska being on the west and Iowa on the east. However, there is this tiny part of Iowa that is actually on the west side of the river and surrounded by Omaha. Evidently it was on the Iowa side of the river until there was a big flood in the late 1800s that changed where the river flowed. After that, it ended up on the other side of the river - but was still considered Iowa. It is basically the area that is just south of the airport, so if you are going to the airport from the south, you pass through about 20 seconds of Iowa.

Iowa-Nebraska%2C+Carter+Lake+Map.png

Kentucky_Bend_map.png

Same earthquake/flood is responsible for the Kentucky Exclave

Came here to post this. After watching this, I would cancel all future debates with Ossoff too. He straight up murdered him live on tv. "It's not just THAT you are a crook, Senator..."

sabato now has IA, CO, AZ and ME all lean dem which would get to 50. Has both GA and NC as toss ups.

Really hoping a wave election would put Ds at 55 or so

Came here to post this. After watching this, I would cancel all future debates with Ossoff too. He straight up murdered him live on tv. "It's not just THAT you are a crook, Senator..."

Now you understand why McConnell laughed in that debate while his opponent was trashing his COVID response. Looking cold-faced and squirming awkwardly at the camera is an even worse look than bizarre laughter.

sabato now has IA, CO, AZ and ME all lean dem which would get to 50. Has both GA and NC as toss ups.

Really hoping a wave election would put Ds at 55 or so

I agree with CO, AZ and ME. I'd still have IA as a toss-up and NC as a lean Dem. Bizarrely, Cunningham appears to be running slightly ahead of Biden, as is Kelly in AZ. I also agree that GA is now a toss-up. And SC, TX, MT and KS are lean Pubs, but they also bear watching. I'm now thinking the o/u is 51.5, and 53-54 is not out of the question. Also feeling good about Dr. Webb winning my R+6 district. He has a bright future and could well be a future governor and/or senator.

Now you understand why McConnell laughed in that debate while his opponent was trashing his COVID response. Looking cold-faced and squirming awkwardly at the camera is an even worse look than bizarre laughter.

Ha. But in fairness, those were not the only two options. That was a brutal take down. Wish I heard Perdue's response though.

GA won’t be decided until January. Nobody is getting above 50 on Tuesday.

My nightmare scenario is that Georgia is the tipping point for senate control of a Biden presidency and in comes like a billion dollars of ads and attention.

Is it though? Personally I felt a microscopic amount of sympathy for Perdue but McConnell I just wanted to reach through the screen and bitch slap him until his face was the same color as his necrotic hands.

I agree with CO, AZ and ME. I'd still have IA as a toss-up and NC as a lean Dem. Bizarrely, Cunningham appears to be running slightly ahead of Biden, as is Kelly in AZ. I also agree that GA is now a toss-up. And SC, TX, MT and KS are lean Pubs, but they also bear watching. I'm now thinking the o/u is 51.5, and 53-54 is not out of the question. Also feeling good about Dr. Webb winning my R+6 district. He has a bright future and could well be a future governor and/or senator.

I'm revising the o/u downward back to 51. But still feel good about Webb.

Back