• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We Are Ranked!

3. Wake Forest

On Jan. 25, 2009, the Deacs were ranked No. 1 in the AP poll. Since then, the team has gone 102-139. (It'd take all week to figure this out, but I can't imagine a team has ever had a worse stretch immediately after a No. 1 ranking.) Since firing Dino Gaudio, Wake is 74-121 and a staggering 23-77 in the ACC. Currently, the team, now under Danny Manning, has lost 11 straight and an all-time worst 22 consecutive road games.

All told, the Deacs are 2-52 in their last 54 ACC road games (which is the worst in conference history), a run of ignominy that boggles the mind. This from a team that boasts two alums as the greatest players in the NBA (Tim Duncan and Chris Paul) and has long been considered a "basketball" school, especially after a solid 20-year run from 1990-2010.

Notre Dame #2. Didn't they lose a game at the buzzer to Kentucky in the final 8 last year? We should own #1 on that list.

Awesome. At least it's not just this miserable fan base (wait for the tag) noticing how inept our bball team has been since Gaudio left.

3. Wake Forest

On Jan. 25, 2009, the Deacs were ranked No. 1 in the AP poll. Since then, the team has gone 102-139. (It'd take all week to figure this out, but I can't imagine a team has ever had a worse stretch immediately after a No. 1 ranking.) Since firing Dino Gaudio, Wake is 74-121 and a staggering 23-77 in the ACC. Currently, the team, now under Danny Manning, has lost 11 straight and an all-time worst 22 consecutive road games.

All told, the Deacs are 2-52 in their last 54 ACC road games (which is the worst in conference history), a run of ignominy that boggles the mind. This from a team that boasts two alums as the greatest players in the NBA (Tim Duncan and Chris Paul) and has long been considered a "basketball" school, especially after a solid 20-year run from 1990-2010.

There really isn't much to say to that. We are losing in historical fashion and it doesn't look to end any time soon.

This from a team that boasts two alums as the greatest players in the NBA (Tim Duncan and Chris Paul) and has long been considered a "basketball" school, especially after a solid 20-year run from 1990-2010.

But, I thought we were never any good at basketball??!?!!!

Pats as #3 in the NFL is stupid. I'm sure that pats fans are so upset that all of their success has earned them the ire of other fans.

UGA as #1 in NCAA football is silly, too. Their attendance numbers don't seem to indicate that their fans are all that miserable.

I think every member of this board should e-mail that link to Ron.

Also just noticed that we get slammed in Georgia's write up for college football as well.

Back