• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FREE SHIRTS for students who attend the final 3 games!

Woof. NBA teams will do this on a Wednesday night when Milwaukee comes to town. Probably shouldn't be necessary for ACC conference games.

It has nothing to do with necessity. The marketing department gets a budget and this is a common marketing campaign in basketball. That's why it exists.

Don't know about the bacon - think that was a Women's BB thing...

but at least the folks in marketing are trying. They have no control over how the team is playing and are doing their best to bring fans to the game - which is in their job description. I understand some of the backlash because we're "desperate" because we need to get fans there, but don't direct that at the idea or the people running the marketing campaign. They're doing their job. They, again, have zero control over the product on the floor.

What would you do if you were working in marketing at Wake? (countdown to the doofus that answers this with a sarcastic and unoriginal response)

Wake kids don't want free t shirts they have enough pink brooks brother shirts.

Cooked or uncooked?

Haha it was cooked and quite delicious. And no, it was a men's game. Lol to them even trying to get students to a women's game. But yeah, i agree that none of this is marketings fault, and they gotta try whatver might work. Problem is there's only one thing that will work for students, and marketing can't change how shitty we've been.

Haha it was cooked and quite delicious. And no, it was a men's game. Lol to them even trying to get students to a women's game. But yeah, i agree that none of this is marketings fault, and they gotta try whatver might work. Problem is there's only one thing that will work for students, and marketing can't change how shitty we've been.

Thank you for the bacon correction. Interesting.

I'd argue that if we sold beer more students would show up even if we were losing. But yes, the main thing is not sucking. (Note: I didn't even say winning at this point)

They have always given out t-shirts, pom-poms, towels to students.

People are just looking for reasons to complain at this point.

Id like to have the shirt they are giving away for the Notre Dame game. So if anyone wants to pick one up for me that be cool.

Came for the shirt, stayed for the bacon.

They need to be giving out these
CH46-XPSN152.jpg

Back