• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Codi Miller-McIntyre: A loyal and classy Demon Deacon

donaldross

Reaction score
Ok, so Codi can only shoot marginally better than most of us. He makes a few bad decisions with the basketball sometimes at crunch time. He's also hit a few game winners through the years.

However, he has done what virtually no 18-22 year old could do. He has fought as hard as he can for Wake Forest through the worst four years in program history. No weed smoking. No whining. No tantrems. To my knowledge, never a technical foul. No transferring or quitting. Pure class on social media and in the media. Goes to class.

He committed to a team that was #1 in the country and had been to NCAA tournaments. He didn't sign up for this. What happened when it immediately turned sour his Freshman year? He put his head down and did whatever the Coach said whomever was the Coach. He was the epitome of a Demon Deacon.

We are not a very good basketball team and he is not Chris Paul or Randolph Childress. But he did all that we asked him to do. He did it with class. He stood by Wake Forest when virtually all of our fans quit, and understandably so. I know we are all frustrated but let's root for Codi and thank him for his time here. He is one of the all-time great and loyal Demon Deacons. As fans and alumni of this place, we should be very appreciative for what he stood for and did during these dark days of WF basketball.

tl;dr - We may suck donkey balls, but CMM always secures moral victories with class. Ron should give him a participation trophy for making him look so good.

The CMM Culture Award. We could turn this into an annual thing.

Codi was 13 when we were ranked #1. He committed March 5th, 2011, in between our 22nd and 23rd losses of [redacted]'s first season

He deserves some credit but calling him an all time great is a bit dubious.

I think Codi is going to step up, show some serious leadership, and the team is going to come out and fight for 40. Collins and Moore are going to have very nice games, though battling some foul trouble. Dinos will hopefully wake up and realize he needs to do something other than be a 3 pt shooter and be a spectator in the lane and on defense.... Guaranteeing a W. Or that I will eat my words. One of those two things will happen... :) But I really do think this may be a spark to get some people's heads straight and to circle the wagons.

Guaranteeing a W. Or that I will eat my words. One of those two things will happen... :) But I really do think this may be a spark to get some people's heads straight and to circle the wagons.

Circle the wagons for what? There's nothing left to play for. BC has been way worse than us this season. A win over them means zero.

14-9-7 with a good shooting percentage. Nice solid game.

When he doesn't take outside shots, turn it over like crazy, miss foul shots, get torched on defense and screw up at crunch time, he's pretty good. If he was 6'6" he would be a great undersized power forward. He played well tonight. Hope it continues.

When he doesn't take outside shots, turn it over like crazy, miss foul shots, get torched on defense and screw up at crunch time, he's pretty good. If he was 6'6" he would be a great undersized power forward. He played well tonight. Hope it continues.

2-2 from behind the arc in pretty sure

Back