• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach K just got a T!

And dickface Allen got one too. It is nice to see refs not bowing down to k and their players.

Anyone notice that K said, "FUCK YOU" to the ref AFTER he received a Technical?! Any other coach besides the Rat would've been tossed. Refs are a bunch of pussies when it comes to dealing with him.

Anyone notice that K said, "FUCK YOU" to the ref AFTER he received a Technical?! Any other coach besides the Rat would've been tossed. Refs are a bunch of pussies when it comes to dealing with him.
K says that to refs every game. What was so funny was watching him pout on the bench after the T!

Allen's response to his 5th foul was unbelievable. Yelling "that's fucking bullshit!" right in a ref's face is so K.

Looking at the replay the charge was a bad call on him, but f him anyways.

Defense was in legal guarding position. Defense does not have to have their feet glued to the floor. They were outside the arc, which is what I am sure they were reviewing to make sure, but other than that, it was an easy call. Allen had several of those and left hard charging for the hoop. If more defensive players would stand their ground, they would get the calls against him. Trouble is those plays hurt. Plus you can't be sideways, etc or you stand the chance of being called for the block even though you might have been there first. Then Allen waved off the official and said something, so that was an easy T. Good crew today because they called lots of walks, lots of charges and didn't take any guff.

All it took was for them to not be as good as they usually are.

Defense was in legal guarding position. Defense does not have to have their feet glued to the floor. They were outside the arc, which is what I am sure they were reviewing to make sure, but other than that, it was an easy call. Allen had several of those and left hard charging for the hoop. If more defensive players would stand their ground, they would get the calls against him. Trouble is those plays hurt. Plus you can't be sideways, etc or you stand the chance of being called for the block even though you might have been there first. Then Allen waved off the official and said something, so that was an easy T. Good crew today because they called lots of walks, lots of charges and didn't take any guff.

He went around the defender who was turning sideways. I think it was a bad call, the t was absolutely warranted.

You can review if a defender was outside the arc?

Yea that was about as obvious as a block can get. Glad to see Duke on the wrong side of things for a change

You can review if a defender was outside the arc?

Pretty sure I remember reading something about that. I also looked it up and all I could find was that it is ok in the NBA in the final 2 minutes of a game. That is all I can imagine they were at the monitor to look at in that situation. Even if the heel of the defender had been ruled to have been on the line, the T on Allen would not have been taken away.

What one has to remember about taking a charge is that the defender does not have to be stationary, like the TV folks like to always say. All the rule says is for a defender to establish position. They can turn sideways or turn around backwards if they want. Nothing in the rules says they have to "take it in the chest" although most certainly are and that makes it easy. But a secondary can take it in the chest and be the one to step in after the offense has already left the ground, thus not ever establishing the legal guarding position. That is why they put this arc in--to stop all this crap.

Back