• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW: Moore doesn't have a problem with stamina

Since we lost 11 straight, a lot of which was because we couldn't defend, it would seem to not be a crazy plan to play the 7'1" guy a little more in favor of Collins and DT who are horrible defenders.

OR...how about this, play DT and Moore at the same time?

Can we call this the Boston College Mandate?

Woods became a decent college player after his transfer, but never became what he should have as a top 10 HS player. He was definitely the wrong guy to understudy/play beside/follow Timmay.

He would block Timmy's shot, then make a big deal out of it, running up & down the court, in Timmy's face, etc. Finally Timmy would have enough and just deal on him time & time again and Loren would go into a shell. Instead of being the grasshopper and learning from the master, he was just an ass. Also spent many a night sulking after big wins because he himself had a bad night instead of celebrating with the team after beating UNC or Duke. Just a head case.

There is no reason to argue with RivalsLes. He has fallen into the same pit that Michael Jennings (DemanDeac) fell into on the old Scout boards. He is so taken with being an insider that he accepts whatever morsels he is given to hand out, and he faithfully spews them forth without discernment as to their accuracy. The Party Line is that Moore came into the program unable to walk and chew gum at the same time but suddenly, in the blinking of an eye, he is capable of playing 20 minutes a game and scoring in double figures - all because Danny Manning is such a terrific big man coach. But if Manning had played him 20 minutes a month ago, poor Doral would have been traumatized forever. (Notice that Les didn't answer the question about how effective Manning has been with Andre Washington.)

The truth is that Manning probably is a good big man coach and that Moore has probably bought into the program (whereas Washington never did). Both Moore and Manning are to be commended for Moore's progress. But don't believe the propaganda that Moore suddenly blossomed from being this "project" who was not capable of providing anything this year. RivalsLes is going to make that argument so that Manning will maybe bless him and whisper in his ear some recruiting morsel some day.

There is no reason to argue with RivalsLes. He has fallen into the same pit that Michael Jennings (DemanDeac) fell into on the old Scout boards. He is so taken with being an insider that he accepts whatever morsels he is given to hand out, and he faithfully spews them forth without discernment as to their accuracy. The Party Line is that Moore came into the program unable to walk and chew gum at the same time but suddenly, in the blinking of an eye, he is capable of playing 20 minutes a game and scoring in double figures - all because Danny Manning is such a terrific big man coach. But if Manning had played him 20 minutes a month ago, poor Doral would have been traumatized forever. (Notice that Les didn't answer the question about how effective Manning has been with Andre Washington.)

The truth is that Manning probably is a good big man coach and that Moore has probably bought into the program (whereas Washington never did). Both Moore and Manning are to be commended for Moore's progress. But don't believe the propaganda that Moore suddenly blossomed from being this "project" who was not capable of providing anything this year. RivalsLes is going to make that argument so that Manning will maybe bless him and whisper in his ear some recruiting morsel some day.

There's absolutely ZERO reason to question my integrity. ZERO.

If you think the head coach of Wake Forest basketball wastes time reading through the ramblings of this message board, you're the most delusional of them all on here.

I hope every good/great high school big man believes that Manning worked his magic and developed a "project" into an NBA player (whether it is true or not).

14-15 Varsity Basketball
Jersey#22OverallDistrict31-10-0Nat. RankFL Rank11
GP
P/G
Ast/G
Reb/G
Stl/G
Blk/G
Doral's StatsNational Avg

Youre right, alpha...he walked in an all star and manning has been holding him back far too long.

We would easily be national champs right now if it wasn't for manning and shills like crazy ol Les saying things way less realistic things than what we know is the truth.

"Coach [Redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him."
- Carmelo Anthony

"He's the best big-man coach in the country," said Markieff Morris, now with the Phoenix Suns. "I owe most of my success to him."

Danny Manning Relishing New Life, Challenge of Resurrecting Wake Forest By Jason King , Senior Writer

Sig, ChrisL, Racer, 22, Alpha and BKF can all tell you that Markieff Morris is a well known WFU shill and will say anything to protect Manning and his real friend Ron Wellman. Danny Manning let the team lose a ton of close games that we would have won if any single one of them was prowling the sidelines like a hungry tiger striking fear in the hearts of children and unsuspecting goats and things everywhere.

I'm willing to give DM the benefit of the doubt on Moore that he wasn't ready to play more minutes until now.

If DM is skilled at anything, it should be development of big men. There is some track record of this.

While he has shown flashes of talent, Moore is still limited at this point of his career. Next season and beyond, I'm looking forward to him being a beast.

"Coach [name redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him."
- Carmelo Anthony

See Frosty knows too!

eta: I just wish Coach Manning and Mr. Morris (if those are even their real names) knew as much about roundball as most of our fine poster-athletes who have gotten it done with class on every level! Maybe one day!

Last edited:
Two things Moore apparently arrived at Wake with: The ability to jump and the ability to dunk.

Early in the season he also had some 4-8 minutes stints with 2-3 fouls.

While he had a few games with a couple of blocks he was also fairly sieve like on defense at the beginning of the year.

That being said from the half way point of the season he should have seen more time on the court.

BR reporting that Collins is starting instead of Moore tomorrow. My guess is this was the plan to give each one start beside Dinos.

Sig, ChrisL, Racer, 22, Alpha and BKF can all tell you that Markieff Morris is a well known WFU shill and will say anything to protect Manning and his real friend Ron Wellman. Danny Manning let the team lose a ton of close games that we would have won if any single one of them was prowling the sidelines like a hungry tiger striking fear in the hearts of children and unsuspecting goats and things everywhere.

Haha. Total nonsense.

My position has been that it was apparent even in late December and early January that Moore brought a valuable skill set to a team that clearly had some deficiencies and that his minutes should have been expanded when it was clear that he was contributing in his very limited run on the court.

Maybe go from 3 to 6 minutes a game and see how he handles it. Then maybe 9.

It's ridiculous that at this point in the year he has still played less minutes than Trent Van Horn.

BR reporting that Collins is starting instead of Moore tomorrow. My guess is this was the plan to give each one start beside Dinos.

Collins ended up with 17 min. against BC, so I'm ok with Collins starting as long as Moore still ends up with 20 min. Ideally we'll just end up seeing more of both.

Also think there was some strategy in starting Cigs vs. BC and Collins vs. ND if both were gonna flip flop starting the two games.

Back