• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Devin Thomas start against Va. Tech?

The dumpster fire of this season is not DT's fault. He's been one of the most successful four-year players in recent Wake history and deserves to start every game for the rest of his career once his suspension is up. Just a silly question.

Devein Moare should start above Briant Collins but seriously though John Crawford is better than all 2.

We would be better off with Corndale Huston. Too bad Donny Mallman put the kibosh on that.

Funny you mentioned Corndale Huston.. If he only had HALF the talent of Kreg Wilbeking we'd be looking good going into ACC tourney time!1

I respectfully disagree. We have five seniors on the roster. They should all start and all play for at least a couple of possessions. At the risk of being scorned as an out-of-touch old guy, this used to be a common practice years ago. It's not seen much anymore.

Um, I think you do agree with him? Washington can't start because he's been redshirted.

It'll be senior night. Devin deserves to start. What's more important than starting is that Moore starts to see increased minutes. I don't really care if he starts or not if he starts seeing at least 20 minutes per game. BC is pretty much a good high school team. Moore will start against ND and his play with increased minutes against them will be a better measure of where he actually is.

This. I expect to see the same lineup that started every game since CMM came back until BC. Hopefully Moore's and Collins' minutes are way up.

Um, I think you do agree with him? Washington can't start because he's been redshirted.

Dude has been redshirting for around a decade now I think.

Why would you not start Moore and Thomas?

I think the theory is that neither Moore nor DT can stretch the floor. DT gets the majority of his points from going 1v1 and getting to the rim. Dinos doesn't allow anyone else to be in the lane, but if you put in Moore, then Devin is inevitably going to have to beat 2 guys, or display some interior passing skills that we haven't really seen.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give it a shot given how terrible we've been playing, but I can definitely see the theory behind not doing it. The way Moore has been playing, you would think it could lead to about 5 tip dunks a night though if they doubled Devin with the other big.

Last edited:

I'm confused. Washington is not graduating after this season? He was in the "Super Seven" class of Thomas, CMM, Rountree, Bill Moto, Cavanaugh, and Madison Jones...

I thought Andre hadn't played this year bc he just wasn't good enough to get minutes...

I'm confused. Washington is not graduating after this season? He was in the "Super Seven" class of Thomas, CMM, Rountree, Bill Moto, Cavanaugh, and Madison Jones...

I thought Andre hadn't played this year bc he just wasn't good enough to get minutes...

It was planned from the start of the season for him to redshirt, graduate, and play somewhere else next year as a grad transfer. Good plan. I'm sure he will be honored on senior day.

No, he's been redshirting. If O'Brien and the other guys that keep the end of the bench warm have gotten some minutes this season, Washington would've gotten some PT.

It was planned from the start of the season for him to redshirt, graduate, and play somewhere else next year as a grad transfer. Good plan. I'm sure he will be honored on senior day.

I thought this plan was agreed to and announced at the beginning of the season. It would be appropriate to recognize him in some way on senior night, as he has spent four years on the Wake BB team, and should become a Wake alum in May 2016.

FWIW, Washington is still listed on WF's roster.

FWIW, Washington is still listed on WF's roster.

Redshirting players are part of the team; they just don't play. Look at the FB roster. All of the freshmen who redshirted the fall of 2015 are on the roster, they practice etc. They just don't play in games. I think Danny let Andre do even less. Just go to class and graduate, then leave with a year of eligibility.

VaTech starts and plays a 3 guard lineup. They have had eight starters over their last four games. Blackshear (6-10), LeDay (6-7) and Henry (6-8) are the three bigs that have started, and only one or two each game.

Wake could start all four seniors, including the two walk-ons without giving up too much in height. Probably need Dinos as the fifth starter to have a legit shooting threat. Or Crawford for ball handling.

Back