• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Devin Thomas start against Va. Tech?

Redshirting players are part of the team; they just don't play. Look at the FB roster. All of the freshmen who redshirted the fall of 2015 are on the roster, they practice etc. They just don't play in games. I think Danny let Andre do even less. Just go to class and graduate, then leave with a year of eligibility.

Thanks [Redacted].

I think that you start Devin and then sub him out. You honor his 4 years with the start. You discipline him by subbing him out at the first timeout. He is just another player not he team and his antics, whatever they be, have earned him pine time.

He should get the customary senior start and get pulled at the first dead ball.

Looks like some of you guys would send a guy to jail twice for the same crime.

DT should start and play 35mins, no question. Let Moore anchor the middle and free up Thomas from having to bang against a big. Dinos needs to sit. Of course, this is what should have been happening since mid-January.

It would be kind of funny (not ha ha funny) if Devin finally got to play his natural power forward spot on senior night after toiling away as an undersized center from day 1 of his freshman year.

It would be kind of funny (not ha ha funny) if Devin finally got to play his natural power forward spot on senior night after toiling away as an undersized center from day 1 of his freshman year.

Devin would have major problems covering the 4 (who often is really a 3) on most of WF's competition. If he has to go outside the paint on defense, WF is in trouble.

We don't have a 4 who doesn't have trouble outside the paint on defense.

Devin would have major problems covering the 4 (who often is really a 3) on most of WF's competition. If he has to go outside the paint on defense, WF is in trouble.

He's had a hell of a time guarding 5's too. And it's not like Dinos has been guarding the 4's either. At least this way we would have a big guy defending the rim, something neither Dinos or DT do very well, along with another big rebounder.

Last edited:
Can we beat Dook if they only have 4 healthy players in a week? Granted they'll have 3 refs as well...so I guess it's still a lopsided victory for them. I just think it would be absolutely hilarious if THIS team is the one to finally break through. I only ask because we're discussing playing Moore and Thomas together and I think he could minimize the penetration that killed us in Winston this year.

Can we beat Dook if they only have 4 healthy players in a week? Granted they'll have 3 refs as well...so I guess it's still a lopsided victory for them. I just think it would be absolutely hilarious if THIS team is the one to finally break through. I only ask because we're discussing playing Moore and Thomas together and I think he could minimize the penetration that killed us in Winston this year.

Meh, they're #2 in the ACC in 3 pointers made, attempted and 3 point %. I have a feeling if we started a slower line up, they wouldn't be driving as much in the first place.

Last edited:
Meh, they're #2 in the ACC in both 3 pointers made, attempted and 3 point %. I have a feeling if we started a slower line up, they wouldn't be driving as much in the first place.

And the past two wake teams don't understand the concept of "putting a hand in the shooters face"

Eh, don't repeat this BS Duke rhetoric - even if Matt Jones and Thornton and Jefferson were all out next week they would have plenty of healthy scholarship players available. They just happen to not be up to Duke's normal standards of talent, I guess, so K doesn't play them. That is their problem. No one said we only had 5 healthy players or whatever when we were playing walk-ons major minutes....

I realize that they have more players at their disposal. The fact that they don't play them suggests they know they can't win with them. Which is why I say only 4 healthy players.

I think Devin is playing his natural position. He's just an undersized center. There is a long line of undersized centers who have been successful at this level.

I realize that they have more players at their disposal. The fact that they don't play them suggests they know they can't win with them. Which is why I say only 4 healthy players.

Then you should say only 4 healthy good players. Why don't we get a caveat like that all the time?

Now that I think about it, that is really disrespectful of the announcers and of Coach K, to the extent he talks that way, to the other guys on the team. Some of those guys are Div. 1 scholarship athletes busting their ass in practice every day - not only do they not get to play but the announcers literally say they don't exist.

Last edited:
I think Devin is playing his natural position. He's just an undersized center. There is a long line of undersized centers who have been successful at this level.

I would say the difference between Devin being and undersized center and a 4 is his mid range jump shot, which is not good. He has improved it, but it still is not reliable. So I would say he's an undersized center. This could be a different story though if we had a center the whole time he was at wake.

Then you should say only 4 healthy good players. Why don't we get a caveat like that all the time?

Now that I think about it, that is really disrespectful of the announcers and of Coach K, to the extent he talks that way, to the other guys on the team. Some of those guys are McDonalds all American athletes busting their ass in practice every day - not only do they not get to play but the announcers literally say they don't exist.

FIFY

Back