• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Devin Thomas start against Va. Tech?

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
My first thought was Thomas shouldn't start the rest of the season and let Moore continue to start. Then I realized that Thomas's first game back will be senior day against the cHokies, so I've got mixed feelings. Moore has earned the right to start I think with his play, not just last night, but based on the spark he seems to give us pretty much everytime he's in the game and Thomas did something stupid to give up that starting spot. However, I'm not sure Devin deserves not to get the start his last home game for Wake. At any rate, I hope the focus for the rest of the season is to get Moore, Collins and Crawford as much PT as possible. If we have any chance of getting things turned around the next couple of years, those guys are going to be the guys it has to be built around.

Last edited:
Why would you not start Moore and Thomas?

It'll be senior night. Devin deserves to start. What's more important than starting is that Moore starts to see increased minutes. I don't really care if he starts or not if he starts seeing at least 20 minutes per game. BC is pretty much a good high school team. Moore will start against ND and his play with increased minutes against them will be a better measure of where he actually is.

Senior day. Penalty served. Is this even worth a thread?

I think that you start Devin and then sub him out. You honor his 4 years with the start. You discipline him by subbing him out at the first timeout. He is just another player not he team and his antics, whatever they be, have earned him pine time.

I think that you start Devin and then sub him out. You honor his 4 years with the start. You discipline him by subbing him out at the first timeout. He is just another player not he team and his antics, whatever they be, have earned him pine time.

His punishment is the two game suspension.

Everyone has their own perception of DT but the fact is that he has been a warrior on the court for Wake Forest for 4 years. He has suffered through the nightmare of the Bzzaster and, unlike some other players, did not turn his back on Wake Forest or his teammates by leaving. We don't have to love him but we should respect him for his efforts and his contributions. He will leave pretty high up in a lot of career statistics at Wake Forest - including losses, but that is not all his fault.
To even ask the question of whether he would start when he returns is pretty stupid and disrespectful - made even more so since it is senior night. No doubt Moore has earned a lot more minutes and I think they should play together a lot...

Here's a crazy idea. Having moore in the game actually opens up Devins production
Start them both

Here's a crazy idea. Having moore in the game actually opens up Devins production
Start them both

They should pair well together imo. DT is the only guy that can make the high low entry pass and having a true 5 next to him would hopefully occupy the tallest defender which benefits us because of how much DT struggles with length.

In a sea of stupid fucking threads, this one might be the stupidest fucking thread of them all.

Devin will start. Grant O'Brien might even start.

Starting means very little. Obviously, Moore will play more minutes than in any previous game when DT was available. The bottom line is that Moore will get more minutes, DT and Mitoglou will get fewer. WF should be better.

All seniors not named Andre Washington should start on senior night. I remember during the Jeffie era, there was one game where [Redacted] didn't start all of the seniors. Can't remember who it was and whether they were a walk on or a scholarship player, but people got pretty annoyed with [Redacted] after that game for that

Back