• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

we all hoped for better than 8 over but we didn't shoot ourselves out of it ... great to see all the ACC teams in that rear-view mirror and hoping they continue to slide ...

Not the best finish but it could be worse. Just like the ladies none of the top 3 play great but 4 & 5 do.

Last edited:
Early start for the Deacs today. 6:50 central time
That may be a good thing if the weather gets brutally hot this afternoon.

hopefully with the course playing easy this morning and much harder this afternoon we put ourselves in great shape for tomorrow ... so far going well ...

Nice start for the Deacs

Looks like BYU is DFL and they can get in a plane and back to Utah before the sabbath

Nice start for the Deacs

Looks like BYU is DFL and they can get in a plane and back to Utah before the sabbath

Yeah, they pretty much already know they have no chance. Worst round 1 and already have a crappy round 3 on the books. Maybe they can shoot -30 today.

Always nice to see BYU crater--really obnoxious fans. My biggest regret is not flying up to Utah to see Teague/Johnson take them down at home in 2008/09. We were both Top 10 I think, and we ended the longest home winning streak at the time (maybe 56?)

Looks like all 5 of our guys are in position to count so far which is huge. I’d love to be 6th or better after today’s round. Our guys are playing w OSU today and they are lighting it up...I see this as a good thing and motivation for our guys

Looks like all 5 of our guys are in position to count so far which is huge. I’d love to be 6th or better after today’s round. Our guys are playing w OSU today and they are lighting it up...I see this as a good thing and motivation for our guys

What qualifies as a counting score? Is it not merely throwing out the highest one and counting the lowest four scores?

At the end of the match yes...real time scoring is based on the 4 lowest guys at the time...Detmer non counting so far

yeah seems like we are in great shape. no team put up an under par round yesterday and we were the first team to play this morning so decent chance our position gets better over the day with a real possibility cal, stanford or tamu play their way behind us the same way auburn just did

the 2nd hole is also the easiest by far so teams starting on the front 9 seem to getting off to quick starts that don’t hold.

Last edited:
We were in 4th and now we are 9th. We went from -3 to +3. Not good!

Need to catch fire on the last 5 holes!!!

Last edited:
is most everyone figuring the men have too much pressure trying to duplicate what the ladies did or that they have a chance going against all these programs who have been so much more relevant in recent years ...?

everyone figured the men might have too much trouble trying to duplicate what the women did but hopefully they can prove us all wrong ...

everyone figured the men might have too much trouble trying to duplicate what the women did but hopefully they can prove us all wrong ...

Budat had the great idea to have the mens tennis team speak with the ladies golf team before their last stroke play round and that worked wonders - our women had the second or third lowest round of the day unbelievable ... so maybe the ladies team speaks to our men before their last stroke play round and our men will play much better ...

Back