• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

I think they're about the only ones that do......at least from the tournaments I've watched.
Seems to be a real disadvantage when everyone else can where shorts. Especially when you have to carry your bag too.

So why do it? Jerry's rule?

He left around the time we last won an ACC Championship. So I guess it isn't the pants.

With modern fabrics, is it really much/any disadvantage? It's not like they're walking around in cotton Dockers chinos out there.

With modern fabrics, is it really much/any disadvantage? It's not like they're walking around in cotton Dockers chinos out there.

My 2 cents is that wearing long pants in 2016 is certainly better than in 1990, given the performance fabrics. However, I would say that wearing shorts vs long pants is a pretty big difference when it starts to get really hot. Especially if you are walking and lugging clubs. It just makes no sense to me to be the ONLY team wearing long pants for an important tourney in AZ in mid May, when I would imagine the temps will be in the 90s. Cue the "dry heat" comments.

Projected highs in Marana next week for the regionals are 95, 95, 94. Could be a scorcher out there.

Funnily enough, conventional outdoors wisdom is that dry/sunny heat is exactly where covering up in sun reflecting colors and loose/breathable fabrics will keep you cooler.

Funnily enough, conventional outdoors wisdom is that dry/sunny heat is exactly where covering up in sun reflecting colors and loose/breathable fabrics will keep you cooler.

But not black long pants. They've got to be hot.

How about a few of us collect some funds specifically for Horst for the team?
If we play well, we take credit

Or go full-on Payne Stewart

Payne0012.JPG

The pants are a team tradition and given the option, no players would opt to change

Shorts should only be worn by women and kids (<13) on the golf course.

Ew god no. If you're not a pro and you show up to the course when it's hot as hell outside wearing pants, you're just screaming #TourSauce and trying way too damn hard.

Hasn't Ricky Fowler played in shorts on the PGA Tour before?

Ew god no. If you're not a pro and you show up to the course when it's hot as hell outside wearing pants, you're just screaming #TourSauce and trying way too damn hard.

I completely disagree. You aren't dressing to make people think you are a good golfer, you are dressing because that is what you are supposed to wear when you play golf.

Of course, I don't wear shorts or tee shirts when I fly either. Maybe I'm old-fashioned.

Back