• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

I need to check, but I’m pretty sure that season we were the only team to hold him to under 100 yards rushing prior to Heisman voting.

Correction. One of two teams to do so all season. We held him to 82 yards and Oregon State held him to 96. He rushed for almost 1,900 yards that season.

nice to see Wil has the sponsor's invite for the web.com event in Greenville SC this week so hope he and Kyle (Reifers) tear it up! ...

I think Will just got status for the Mackenzie (Canadian) tour this summer. Believe detmer did as well.

Glad To see Kyle with the 67 and Wil with the 67 or 68 today ... nice start for both

nice to see Wil has the sponsor's invite for the web.com event in Greenville SC this week so hope he and Kyle (Reifers) tear it up! ...

Ah the Greenville, SC web.com event. Do they still play that at Verdae Green? I recall following former Deac Barry Fabyan for several holes at that event many years ago when it was the Nike Tour, I think. Or maybe Hogan...

Ah the Greenville, SC web.com event. Do they still play that at Verdae Green? I recall following former Deac Barry Fabyan for several holes at that event many years ago when it was the Nike Tour, I think. Or maybe Hogan...

Televised on the golf channel and they just said this is year 12 at the Thornblade club where Jay Haas lives which explains the Wil invite. Good to see Wil with the strong play today and just outside the top ten. This is the only web.com event with amateur/celebs included and nice to see first time attendee Bret Favre in fifth place with his pro partner in the high handicap celebrity division.

Will currently T4

nice to see Wil with that back nine 30 today and hit the 94% of greens.

A top 5 finish would move him into the top 75 and give him a chance to get his PGA card.

A great chance they don't play any more and call this a tournament once they get everyone's second round finished (which could take all weekend) so probably will not have a chance to actually win the tournament and move up even more spots.

But this finish gets him into next week tournament so it's off to the races for Wil!

Great job Wil .. and the main thing is you caught Klempton's Ben Martin who's trying to get his card back.

Ben in the water with the double bogey and bogey you have to hate that for him

I suspect John will make an announcement tomorrow ....

Mr. Currie

Please ask our golf coach Haas to allow the men to wear shorts like the other teams.

The long-standing argument that it helps them to wear the long pants even in the 90’s degree heat because it makes them feel like a pro golfer and therefore superior to their counterparts wearing shorts looking like amateur golfers no longer works.

It may have used to but now when our guys see their heroes Justin and Jordan and Ricky wearing shorts with no shoes and no shirts playing in their spare time they no longer associate pro golfers with always wearing long pants.

Anyway it’s been debated back and forth for years and I felt so bad seeing my beloved Deacs lose today in heart-breaking fashion and wonder if they may have been able to finish Stanford off had they been physically more comfortable.

Times have changed and I can remember years ago when the men’s tennis team wore the collared shirts and so on and now we have them as comfortable as possible in the t-shirts and so proud of where the tennis team is now.

Yes we used to produce lots of mens pro golfers but not so many anymore but this is college amateur athletics anyway so let the pros have their rules where they try to have the guys in Hawaii in the Winter and California and Florida in the spring where they always try to have them in the 70’s with their long pants but that doesn’t work for college where our guys were supposed to play 36 holes today and tomorrow in the scorching 90’s degrees heat.

Let’s get this changed right away.

received this from John this morning so hopefully Jerry makes the change:

Thanks - appreciate your thoughts - I will pass along your suggestion to Coach Haas!

Go Deacs!
john

deaconbd - As a former Nationwide Tour member, did you ever play in the Greenville, SC event?

C. Young will not make the cut today vs Hovland who is even par, tied with Tiger. Good start for a fellow Norwegian.

I have always thought the cartoon Pistol Pete and Bevo golf logos that Oklahoma State and Texas use are really cool. Am I the only one that thinks a swinging Deacon logo would be awesome?

9a396b0419499b449cffdfcb514b2349.jpg
d31763fb3a251ea85808a65d95495072.jpg

Back