• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26640345/tiger-video-supports-cancer-fight-golfer-friend

Happened to click on this link and the individual in question is actually former Wake Forest golfer Daniel Meggs who apparently has been battling colon cancer for several years. The guy is only 29 years old. So sad. Don’t recall this being mentioned previously.

https://www.carolinasgolf.org/blog-post/home/homepage/year/2020/id/325784/hv3-and-cga-announce-daniel-meggs-memoerial-junior

RIP. I played Junior golf with him a few times. He had some legendary hair. Fuck cancer.

He is a good player, but he struggled qualifying to make the tournament teams several times last year. Had to play as an individual in some of the events. I followed him at a couple of tournaments--nice kid, but could be aloof and temperamental on the course. His sponsor called it his fiery Spanish temper. The last couple of years we have had 8-9 really good players when only 6 qualify to play in any given event. We often have had players playing as individuals place in the top five of events.

He is a good player, but he struggled qualifying to make the tournament teams several times last year. Had to play as an individual in some of the events. I followed him at a couple of tournaments--nice kid, but could be aloof and temperamental on the course. His sponsor called it his fiery Spanish temper. The last couple of years we have had 8-9 really good players when only 6 qualify to play in any given event. We often have had players playing as individuals place in the top five of events.

He transferred to OK State, not Liberty or some shitty golf school. Sounds like he has plenty of game.

As a Spring Sport with most of the season cancelled, Senior Eric Bae can return. Also, hope that sophomore Alex Fitzpatrick (one of the world's top amateurs) and freshman Mark Power return. Also, WF is bringing in one of the top US HS players, Michael Brennan, on it's Arnold Palmer scholly: https://godeacs.com/news/2019/11/18/wake-forest-mens-golf-signs-three-players.aspx

BTW, the USGA plans to move forward with the US Amateur in August, but there will be no qualifying events. I assume that means that at least Bae and Fitzpatrick will be in the field.

He is currentlly ranked 62nd in the WAGR and has been as high as 10th.

He is filthy good. Obviously the depth issue here was a problem for him, and Bae returning for another season probably played a huge role in this decision.

He transferred to OK State, not Liberty or some shitty golf school. Sounds like he has plenty of game.

Ok State has always been pretty damn good in golf and was 27 by GolfStat ranking before Covid hit [Liberty was 32].

Ok State has always been pretty damn good in golf and was 27 by GolfStat ranking before Covid hit [Liberty was 32].

I know OK State is a good golf school, obviously.

I assumed Liberty was shitty because it sucks at everything else and probably shouldn’t exist.

I know OK State is a good golf school, obviously.

I assumed Liberty was shitty because it sucks at everything else and probably shouldn’t exist.

Yea, normally but they are pouring money into everything up there--great facilities and building everywhere. Plus their HUGE on-line presence has them somewhere in the Top 5 nationally according to my hs buddy who lives there. [plus his wife just finished teaching there]. Something like over 100,000 on-line students plus whatever they have regular students I think I read somewhere.

will zalatoris finished t6th (w/ dustin johnson) at the us open. webb was t8th.

pretty impressive, never thought i’d hear his name again.

will zalatoris finished t6th (w/ dustin johnson) at the us open. webb was t8th.

pretty impressive, never thought i’d hear his name again.

Yes, he is doing well. Always puzzled why he turned pro just a short time before the NCAA tourney that may have cost our Wake team another NCAA title.

Back