• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

It seems that Zalatoris has been prone to bad holes this spring season. He just doesn't seem to be as consistent as last season and this past fall. Perhaps this is related to his injury? Either not totally healed or some compensation has changed his swing a bit? Also, I mentioned this before, but Young seems to be either really good or really bad. You could get a 68 out of him or a 78.

The ACC holds the bottom three spots in our regional; GT, UNC, and Wake. Zalatoris and Young now tied at +7. Even getting back to +4 or +5 (no small feat) would improve our placement greatly.

If we can just weather the Zalatoris and Young bad rounds today and stay within a few shots of 5th, we will be just fine. It's remarkable we aren't in DFL right now given we are going to have to count an awful score.

A huge disadvantage for good southeastern teams to have to play desert golf in the west at Regionals.

How the heck did this place get awarded a regional after the multitude of problems they had hosting the WGC Match Play tournament over the years? Never remembered hearing any glowing reviews about the place (but maybe that was just weather related, since they got snowed on twice there during February events in a 3 year span).

Looks like the match play was contested on the south course, not the north course.

Last edited:
A huge disadvantage for good southeastern teams to have to play desert golf in the west at Regionals.

Eh, I don't really see it. It's not really true desert target golf. The place has big fairways and huge undulating greens. If you launch it offline you're in the desert instead of the woods. The way you get in trouble out there is by trying to cut corners too much since there is more room to play the game in the air. The greens are bent grass too, so it's not like we got sent to some California course with super grainy bermuda greens. The course plays a lot like Primland, which is why I'm shocked we aren't playing it better.

I'm wondering if being a half mile up in elevation isn't messing with us a bit.

How the heck did this place get awarded a regional after the multitude of problems they had hosting the WGC Match Play tournament over the years? Never remembered hearing any glowing reviews about the place (but maybe that was just weather related, since they got snowed on twice there during February events in a 3 year span).

Looks like the match play was contested on the south course, not the north course.

It only hosted the match play for a couple years, and I don't think the complaints were nearly as bad there as they are at Dove Mountain, which hosted it for a handful of years after.

Strong rally right now. If we can stay at +2 or even shave a few more strokes off we'll be in good shape, especially given the circumstances.

Starting to click a bit. Three birdies in the last five minutes. Back to +2 and currently in a T7, only four shots out of 5th and two of the teams ahead of us are unranked which generally bodes well for a three day tournament.

It only hosted the match play for a couple years, and I don't think the complaints were nearly as bad there as they are at Dove Mountain, which hosted it for a handful of years after.

Arent we playing Dove Mountain?

Having Cameron salvage a 76 or better would be huge.

Arent we playing Dove Mountain?

I was referring to the Nicklaus layout at the Ritz Carlton at Dove Mountain. I didn't even realize the Gallery was now called The Gallery at Dove Mountain. LOL.

I'm sure this isn't how it works, but if Young pars 18 to finish with a 79 (+7) then someone should go tell Will to just go pin seeking. Barring Womble going +8 for the last three holes or McBride going +13 over the last two, Zalatoris/Young at +7 would be taken worst case with Young done. Any bogeys or doubles for Will wouldn't matter and any birdies would just be shots we improved upon Young on.

Also, one hell of a round by Sterbinsky as the 5 to go under par where the number one is grinding to break 80. Obviously McBride at -5 is the MVP for the day so far, but Sterbinksy was fantastic.

Young in at 79, but the other three are playing quite well on the back.

+1 as a team, and Will has some birdie holes coming up.

Back