• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

Pilchard

Reaction score
In a tournament that took place over the last couple of days (the final round was today), the WF Men (who are ranked #2 in the nation going into the Spring) opened the Spring Season with a 3rd place finish out of 14 teams at the Magnolia Grove Crossings GC (Mobile, Alabama).

#4 ranked Auburn won the event. WF had a tough first round, but played much better after that. Davis Womble finished tied for 3rd, Will Zalatoris (who is the #6 ranked player in the NCAA) finished tied for 8th, and Paul McBride finished tied for 12th.

Here is the link to the full results: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=9060

This is WF's most talented golf team in many years.

1and1/2 years ago I was paired at an out of time golf course with the Columbia University golf coach. Once he found out I was a Wake grad he told me that Wake was going to be real good in a year because of the quality of the players we had coming in, sounds like he knew what he was talking about.

Auburn's head coach, Nick Clinard, is a Wake grad.

Team we sent this week is our best lineup in my opinion.

Cameron Young, T58 had an off tournament.

Ben Schlottman for Auburn finished T17 is from our Oak Valley club and took lessons from a little kid from our teaching pro Anne Marie Goslak, a former Wake women's golfer. Tough deal that we couldn't keep him here & I know it hit Jerry hard, but I think we have some great young golfers anyway & are going to do well this year!

Apparently Zalatoris withdrew with an injury after the first round....

actually he played 2 holes today and started bogey,quad then withdrew.
not sure what the injury was but theyre hopeful he'll be only out a couple weeks

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac:

So... Schlottman, TheReff referenced above, played for Auburn, scored a -6 which would tie him for 2nd place, but didn't count because he wasn't in the starting 5? Major screwup by Auburn's head coach Nick Clinard (Wake Grad)?

Noticed that Wake's Joe Inman is the coach at Georgia State.

So... Schlottman, TheReff referenced above, played for Auburn, scored a -6 which would tie him for 2nd place, but didn't count because he wasn't in the starting 5? Major screwup by Auburn's head coach Nick Clinard (Wake Grad)?

That happens on deep squads. Pretty sure something similar happened to Haas last fall. And we know he is a great coach.

if the guy knew his score was not going to be counted towards the team, maybe he made a couple of early birdies and said "what the hey" and just cranked it off the tee then shot right at the pins on every hole.

That happens on deep squads. Pretty sure something similar happened to Haas last fall. And we know he is a great coach.

Ah. Don't follow golf so didn't know if this was a mistake or just par for the course...

Back