• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

I heard our ladies designated Bags to speak with our men tonight. ... no reason to argue with them ... she can point to how well she responded to adversity should be very inspirational. Bar will always be remembered for that speech he gave to our ladies and Bags will always be remembered by her speech tonight. These are truly student athletes and represent all of what is good in college sports.

I think what Bags said last night definitely resonated on our boys as they finished strong just like the ladies always did. Budat will have to weigh in on whether another phone call is in order and don't forget Bar is always standing by as well.

Hats off to ladies golf, mens golf, and mens tennis.

on the ladies side I made the excellent point that maybe 5 of the 6 top teams made up the top 6 spots after one of the critical rounds and we were one of them ... now same on the mens side where maybe 5 of the 6 top teams made up the top 6 spots after the third round and we are one of them .... all that chatter on the Klempton board after their front nine yesterday and then after their start today about them being ahead of us and all that crazy talk ... but look where they and all the other ACC teams are ... can you say REAR VIEW MIRROR!

So after all the consternation, Wake brings home the second best round of the day so far with a 288 (even). Now in 5th place, and will likely be 10+ shots up on 9th heading into the final round. Hell of a performance from our 3-5s. Not easy to shoot even when your number one shoots an 81.

The No. 2 team in the nation shot a +16 today and is in serious danger of missing the top 15.

Things were looking a little shakey midway through the round -4 on the back nine when your #1 has blown up is a clutch performance today. Nobody is going low today.

Obviously Oklahoma St is good and the defending champs, but are they really this much better than everyone or are they just having a particularly good tournament so far? Looking at the #s, doesn’t seem like they are significantly better than #2.

Obviously Oklahoma St is good and the defending champs, but are they really this much better than everyone or are they just having a particularly good tournament so far? Looking at the #s, doesn’t seem like they are significantly better than #2.

Not sure what #s u are referring to but they currently have 3 of the top 5 individual scores and that does not include the defending amateur champ, victor hovland, who was best amateur at the Masters i believe. So I would say they look pretty dominant.

I think he meant over the course of the year. OSU isn’t objectively 25 shots better than 2nd over three rounds as a base talent level but they are definitely a dominant team. Clearly the best this year and gotta be 40%+ to repeat

I think he meant over the course of the year. OSU isn’t objectively 25 shots better than 2nd over three rounds as a base talent level but they are definitely a dominant team. Clearly the best this year and gotta be 40%+ to repeat

Clearly we can agree the best outcome is to avoid OSU until finals. Would be great to keep the hot sticks going and jump up to #2 or 3 as definitely possible given Stanford especially struggled today. Have to wonder if you stay in this range if you possibly consider muffing some putts late in the round if it means dropping to #6?

Ga Tech Carowhina and Dook you can go on home ... we don’t need ya to stay and root us on ... we got no use for ya

We beat them by 11 in the Valspar.

I mean our number one and number two haven't approached an under par round between them. If both of them were in the top the top 30 we would probably be a lot closer to even par

If both of them were playing like they were capable of there's a good chance we would have beaten Oklahoma State and match play Days 1 and 3. Match play throws a lot of variance into it because you only have to beat them one day

Should be an interesting day - the 1 seed is a done deal, and there's a larger gap between the #7 and #8 spots than the #2 and #7 spots. Play well and we could land the 2 seed.

Bae was hurt earlier this spring, correct? And we have a player who won a tournament as an alternate? We can make a sub going into match play, right?

Hard to imagine us getting far in match play with our 1 & 2 continuing to play like crap.

There are 80 players who have played 4 rounds out of these teams and individuals. Both of our top 2 are in 70th place or worse right now.

Through 9 combined holes today 4 bogeys and a double.

Last edited:
Back