• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU vs. Nostradamus - So You're Saying there's a Chance?

If Ron Wellman is doing the same things behind the scenes as he has done with the three previous regimes (and I have no reason to think otherwise), we won't win next year, either.

Don't believe a word he says...he would lie to God.

What is Wellman's endgame? A squeaky clean program? Trying to prove that he can put together a winning program that doesn't have bad apples?

Is there some sort of bizarre clause in Manning's contract that prohibits him from playing Moore and Collins at the same time? That's the only thing that makes sense.

Is this for real? What is he being recognized for?

Wake Soccer presented him with their ACC Regular Season Championship trophy, scholar athlete honors for a football player, and McCreary Performance Center presentation. Watching Wellman prance around the court like a superdouche isn't at all pleasurable. How is he not fired yet?

#wellmandryhumpsbabygoats

Just watched most of the 1st half and all of the 2d half again.
Dinos had a really good game. He shut down his man the entire 2d half.
Got two quick fouls in the paint when he was doing help D.

Missed a dunk (got the 2 FTs) and missed 2 3s in the 2d half that Wake needed bad.

Codi with a solid 3 assists to 5 turnovers. Best takeaway from tonight is that once again, our freshman are good.

Well, at least we know we will only have to endure his sloppy play for 3 more games. His senior season has been quite the shit show.

I want to go straight up wfu22fan on Dinos after sitting through this game. At BEST he's an 8th or 9th man off the bench on an average team. He makes my blood boil

+1. My favorite wad the back to back possessions of wrap up on the shot clock violation and then the fierce box out in the first shot of a two shot foul.

:bowrofl:

Got two quick fouls in the paint when he was doing help D.

Missed a dunk (got the 2 FTs) and missed 2 3s in the 2d half that Wake needed bad.

We played a lot of zone.

+1. My favorite wad the back to back possessions of wrap up on the shot clock violation and then the fierce box out in the first shot of a two shot foul.

Yeah I was just shocked how those two plays went down. The shot clock was about expire and Dinos decides to give the guy a hug. During the free throws he had that incredible box out on the first of two shots. :tard:

Well, at least we know we will only have to endure his sloppy play for 3 more games. His senior season has been quite the shit show.

It's been terrible and he looks like his confidence is shot. It's sad to see from one of our seniors.

If we could have made just a couple of more 3's it's a different game but the shooting, as it's been said, was horrendous. Moore is still raw but you can see the talent there, just needs to develop some and he'll only get better (hopefully). I wasn't overly impressed with Notre Dame but it felt like they couldn't miss in the 2nd half at times and they make their free throws (not used to seeing that as a Wake fan).

Dinos actually did play good defense in the first half. He just couldn't make a damn thing in the second.

It's amazing ND shot so poorly from 3 given our 2-3 zone for a good bit of the game.

Yep... you get ND to shoot 4-18 from deep while turning it over 12 times (avg 9) and still can't stay within single digits on your home floor.

You know it's easy to analyze every decision Manning makes, say we could have done this or done that, but the name of the game is shooting. At some point you have to be able to put the ball in the basket outside of a few feet. And this is just an awful shooting team. You cannot consistently win when you are awful at shooting, just cant.

PG - Crawford (mediocre shooter)
SG - CMM (can't shoot, misses layups when he drives or turns it over) Wilbekin is an average shooter at best.
SF - Nobody that can shoot
PF - one position where we are pretty solid, but both DT and Collins are inside players
C - Dino's can shoot three's, but is so bad at every other phase of the game it far and away negates his shooting. Moore is solid, but limited to playing at/around the rim.

So ok you try to attack the rim. In today's game you will get your fair share of foul calls. But don't worry, because we suck at free throw shooting as well.

We missed a ton of shots around the rim last night. Both the guards and big men were missing left and right. Add the bad free throw shooting (58.8%) to that and you can guess the outcome.

We missed a ton of shots around the rim last night. Both the guards and big men were missing left and right. Add the bad free throw shooting (58.8%) to that and you can guess the outcome.

Shame because the team, as a whole, gave a very solid defensive effort.

Back