• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU vs. Nostradamus - So You're Saying there's a Chance?

bym051d

I AM VERY IMPORTANT
Reaction score
Get this going so we're not pushing 8:55 without a thread.

Is this game on TV? I mean an actual broadcast/cable TV channel, not some streaming bullshit.

Get this going so we're not pushing 8:55 without a thread.

I'm trying real hard to not let Sunday nights blowout win over a bad team suck me back into to getting my hopes up that this team can actually beat a good team, but Wake sports seems to make me a sucker repeatedly.

I'm trying real hard to not let Sunday nights blowout win over a bad team suck me back into to getting my hopes up that this team can actually beat a good team, but Wake sports seems to make me a sucker repeatedly.

I've built up a firm belief that this team only performs well when we are short handed. I don't expect us to win...but I expect it to be very close.

I've built up a firm belief that this team only performs well when we are short handed. I don't expect us to win...but I expect it to be very close.

I don't know, we've been shorthanded at the coaching position for going on 6 years now.

Doubt any team in the nation has a bigger disparity between offensive and defensive proficiency than Notre Dame.

They are the #1 team in the nation on offense, but the #216 team on defense (to give an idea how bad that rating is, WF is #170 on defense). ND is close to the worst team in the nation in 3 point FG% defense giving up 39% from behind the arc. ND is 3-4 on the ACC road with wins over BC, Duke and Clemson. ND lost at UVA, Cuse, Miami and GT (their last game). ND is a very good shooting team as all of their top 6 players have an eFG% of 54% or higher. When ND beat WF by 23 on January 31, ND killed WF inside, shooting 65% from 2 (Doral defending the rim will be huge). Zach Auguste had 21 points and 12 boards in 28 minutes. ND outrebounded WF by 8, and forced turnovers on 25% of WF offensive possessions.

KP has ND winning by 5 (83-78). For WF to win, they will need to exploit ND's soft defense from 3, limit turnovers and defend the paint much better than on January 31. If the game is close in the final minutes, ND shoots FTs much better than WF.

IimCztj.gif

kenpom thinks we'll lose 83-78. Though, I'm pretty sure that would be with both teams at full strength.

I don't think we'll be able to score enough to keep it that close, but I hope I'm wrong.

This feels like a "we lost because we shot 50% from the FT line" game. Something like 81-74 ND.

Just want to see the Frosh play significant minutes....if Dinos gets his stroke going we'll be in it. If he continues to be a shell of himself, we won't be. #hottakes

I've found it on a Comcast Alternate channel here in VA. However, the guide lists it as not coming on until 10pm, after Capitals postgame.

Back