• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU vs. Nostradamus - So You're Saying there's a Chance?

Peral was very good player for us until his Sr year. Remember odom's "felt like a corpse" comment.

Peral's jr year wake had goolsby, rutland, peral, and braswell playing major minutes and hitting the 3 around 40% or better.

Can anyone really think of an example of a team playing three big men? It would be one thing if one of the could hit threes or guard a 3 but Doral, Devin, Collins?

But we didn't even play Collins and Moore together last night. And Dinos may be tall, but he's not a big man.

But we didn't even play Collins and Moore together last night. And Dinos may be tall, but he's not a big man.

My guess is that Danny has tried the Moore/Collins pairing in practice, maybe against DT and Dinos, and found it didn't work well. I would guess neither one did well defending against a four who can step out to 12+ feet and hit J's. Similarly, both are inside players on offense. Just pack the two defending bigs inside and Moore/Collins never see the ball on O. and this really impacts driving lanes. Now there are already four bodies in the paint.

Well also, they both play for shorter spurts at a time, and one of them pretty much had to remain in the game at all times. If they played together then it would cause problems when they both need to come out.

Peral was very good player for us until his Sr year. Remember odom's "felt like a corpse" comment.

Peral's jr year wake had goolsby, rutland, peral, and braswell playing major minutes and hitting the 3 around 40% or better.

Yup, if only they could have done that the next year...

My guess is that Danny has tried the Moore/Collins pairing in practice, maybe against DT and Dinos, and found it didn't work well. I would guess neither one did well defending against a four who can step out to 12+ feet and hit J's. Similarly, both are inside players on offense. Just pack the two defending bigs inside and Moore/Collins never see the ball on O. and this really impacts driving lanes. Now there are already four bodies in the paint.

Maybe. I guess that if we played them both at the same time, we might have only won 1 game in 2016 instead of 2.

So we've got two really good players but we're going to only play one at a time for their careers. Makes sense since we're overflowing with talent.

So we've got two really good players but we're going to only play one at a time for their careers. Makes sense since we're overflowing with talent.

Not saying that. Just saying that may well be the situation at this time. There is something called player development that can change that. Especially if Collins develops a reliable jump shot from more than 10 ft. He has a decent FT shot, so that is not a pipe dream. Also, if Collins develops a better dribble/drive from the high post, that too would make the Moore/Collins pairing much more doable. In the current college game, offenses need at least two threats from three and another from at least 10 ft. On the current Wake team, Dinos is one of the threats from three. So he plays.

Back