• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon fans not happy...

Do we practice in the Joel?

Need to shoot on our home court every day - not at a practice facility. Our rims need to be like our safety or Linus' blanket. So then you can literally throw the ball in the basket with one eye closed. Or as was the case with Michael Jordan, shoot FT with your left hand etc.

Also, get slightly longer nets for home games - helps with depth perception.

Yes we couldn't throw it in the ocean last night, but I think what bothers me the most is the fact that Dinos played 34 minutes while Moore and Collins only played 20 each. And from the 8 minute to 3 minute mark in the second half Craw and Moore were both on the bench in essentially crunch time. But nah, lets go with Codi (good grief what a nightmare) and Dinos who is pretty much worthless instead of the two guys in craw and moore that actually impact the game while on the floor.

Yes we couldn't throw it in the ocean last night, but I think what bothers me the most is the fact that Dinos played 34 minutes while Moore and Collins only played 20 each. And from the 8 minute to 3 minute mark in the second half Craw and Moore were both on the bench in essentially crunch time. But nah, lets go with Codi (good grief what a nightmare) and Dinos who is pretty much worthless instead of the two guys in craw and moore that actually impact the game while on the floor.

This was my biggest gripe last night. Was not the time to have either out of the game.

We had two players who shot better than 33% and they never played together. It's the simple things that bother me about Manning.

We had two players who shot better than 33% and they never played together. It's the simple things that bother me about Manning.

You could do a lot of high-low stuff with those two, especially with JC's ability to turn, face and knock down the 15 footer.

Yeah it is a little more baffling when you know he has played both Moore & Collins along side Devin throughout the year. He seems to see something in Dinos that nobody else does, but to not have even tried it for a small sample size last night doesn't click w/ me.

I hope the expectations are not too high for Keyshawn, but he hit 41-88 from 3 last year in Division 1 basketball. Dinos is currently 41-122 & he is labeled a good shooter (mainly by the media & not so much by the Wake fans). In comparison Wilbekin is 43-133. Woods should be a massive upgrade in the shooting department and will technically be his 3rd year in college hoops so there should be more expected of him than of Chill or Washington.

No way Wilbekin should have taken 133 3s so far this year. Of course, he shouldn't be playing more than say 15 minutes a game off the bench, but that's another issue.

Wilbekin played 39 minutes last night. He shot 2-11 from the field. Guess the coaching staff thought Mitchell was due. Guess not.

His substitutions are head scratchers, but our biggest problem, well aside from defense of course, is we are a pitiful shooting team. The guys we've got that can shoot a little bit are terribly inconsistent and the rest are just bad shooters. Compare that to a guy like Jackson for ND and it makes a huge difference. I know people keep ragging our recruiting class coming in, but if those guys are good shooters as we've heard, along with the transfer from Charlotte it should help.

This

This

Yeah it is a little more baffling when you know he has played both Moore & Collins along side Devin throughout the year. He seems to see something in Dinos that nobody else does, but to not have even tried it for a small sample size last night doesn't click w/ me.

He sees Dinos from last year. He needs to see the future. People assume Collins and Moore will start but Manning won't even play them together.

Dinos has improved in almost every statistic aside from 3-pt shooting. He had a similar drop off in offensive efficiency in ACC play last year, just not 3 pt-shooting.

^ I gotta believe his FT shooting is down. His rebounds per game probably are up. Lousy D may be a wash.

I understand not playing Moore and Collins together when Devin is in a suit and tie. We don't have any depth, they are both foul prone and Moore looks gassed after 5 minutes. What makes me want to break something is that we didn't play Collins or Moore with Devin for more than about 10 total minutes in ACC play.

Doral Moore is the Human Victory Cigar. Except we don't have many victories.

Oh, and Manning is a dumbass.

^ I gotta believe his FT shooting is down. His rebounds per game probably are up. Lousy D may be a wash.

FT shooting up from 72% last year to 78% this year. 2pt shooting up from 52% to 62%. Not sure about RPG, but tempo-based, OR% is down .5% (8 to 7%), and DR% is up .3% (virtual wash).

Block % is slightly up and steal % is the exact same.

Stats in ACC play?

FT shooting up from 72% last year to 78% this year. 2pt shooting up from 52% to 62%. Not sure about RPG, but tempo-based, OR% is down .5% (8 to 7%), and DR% is up .3% (virtual wash).

Block % is slightly up and steal % is the exact same.

But the eye test...

Back