• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Field House dedication

Crazy that we won an ACC Championship with essentially 90s facilities and now we need to spend millions on practice facilities just to catch up.

The Panthers went to the Super Bowl without an indoor practice facility.

How many NFL teams have indoor practice facilities?

Crazy that we won an ACC Championship with essentially 90s facilities and now we need to spend millions on practice facilities just to catch up.

In 2006 all the other ACC schools we competed with had 1990s and 2000s facilities, except for Duke, which had 1970s facilities. Yesterday, Clawson stated that prior to the construction of the indoor practice facility, Wake was at the absolute bottom in terms of facilities in the ACC, with FSU first, Clemson second, and Duke third.

According to what metric?

Did Hatch call it the Note Dame field house? If not it will be the first major athletic improvement where he has not done so.

Those pictures verify the term "old money."

What do you mean by that Alpha? Do you know Bob McCreary's and others' in that room story or are you just throwing shit at the wall and thinking it will stick? I was in that room last night. I had very little money when i came to Wake. I am quite comfortable financially now. I am appreciative of the education I received and relationships I developed while I was at Wake and want to give back generously. Pretty simple approach. How about instead of criticizing, you contribute some money and come join us next time. McCreary's match lasts until the end of March. I would encourage others to do the same....or just continue whining, criticizing and embodying the LOWF image. Make a difference.

What do you mean by that Alpha? Do you know Bob McCreary's and others' in that room story or are you just throwing shit at the wall and thinking it will stick? I was in that room last night. I had very little money when i came to Wake. I am quite comfortable financially now. I am appreciative of the education I received and relationships I developed while I was at Wake and want to give back generously. Pretty simple approach. How about instead of criticizing, you contribute some money and come join us next time. McCreary's match lasts until the end of March. I would encourage others to do the same....or just continue whining, criticizing and embodying the LOWF image. Make a difference.

Congrats on your wealth. And thanks for supporting Ron Wellman. He's done a dynamite job over the last decade. We may even get a road win next year!

If only educational facilities were as important as a new airplane hanger to most people.

That's the thing- everyone has (or did) praise Wellman for upgrading the Wake athletic facilities, and while he has done that, it has really not be an upgrade when compared to the other schools in the conference. Despite all the upgrades, we are still at or near the bottom. All Wellman has done is maintain the status quo.

That's the thing- everyone has (or did) praise Wellman for upgrading the Wake athletic facilities, and while he has done that, it has really not be an upgrade when compared to the other schools in the conference. Despite all the upgrades, we are still at or near the bottom. All Wellman has done is maintain the status quo.

This isn't true. With the indoor facility we moved up to the middle of the pack and with the sports performance center we'll be near the top. We're now at the top in tennis and near the top in soccer.

My Lord, where did that come from? It's obvious from the pictures that most of the big donors to that project - or at least those in attendance last night - have a few years on them. How in the world did you interpret that as criticism? If you got your panties in a wad from someone pointing that fact out, then you have problems I can't help you with. And - how do you know I wasn't there?:tard:

Money doesn't cure over sensitivity I guess

My Lord, where did that come from? It's obvious from the pictures that most of the big donors to that project - or at least those in attendance last night - have a few years on them. How in the world did you interpret that as criticism? If you got your panties in a wad from someone pointing that fact out, then you have problems I can't help you with. And - how do you know I wasn't there?:tard:
Panties not in a wad. I took it as a cheap shot at folks in the room having "old money", as in money given, not earned. I didn't interpret it as the folks in the room being old. Sorry if i misunderstood. Hope you were there.

Money doesn't cure over sensitivity I guess
See above, I think folks who see "old money" can easily interpret the way I did. If that was the intended message, that's a cheap criticism.

Back