• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Thread NWT

$50 for a suite for two games is a steal. You can make that up in food and booze easy.

I was actually looking forward to seeing us play while drinking enough to forget this season ever happened - but I have a bunch of work meetings for end of quarter that I can't ditch.

I mentioned before I had a buddy selling books of tickets to a suite - as many predicted they're doing single games now. PM me if you're interested, food and booze is included.

Tuesday:2 games, $50/ticket
Wednesday Session 1 - 2 games, $180/ticket
Wednesday Session 2- 2 games, $180/ticket
Thursday Session 1 - 2 games, $400/ticket
Thursday Session 2 - 2 games, $400/ticket
Friday: 2 games, $700/ticket
Saturday: 1 game, $900/ticket

I still can't believe that the ACC Tourney ends on Saturday. I know that it used to back in the early years, but it just seems wrong to me.

I still can't believe that the ACC Tourney ends on Saturday. I know that it used to back in the early years, but it just seems wrong to me.

The only good thing the ACC has done in the last two decades is bring back Friday night and Saturday night semi's and final. Thanks to ESPN I guess.

Nobody in a position of authority, from the refs on up, would possibly allow Wake to upset the apple cart and beat Duke, feel good story or no. Or defending champ Notre Dame, for that matter. Actually, are they defending champs? I've lost track. I don't pay very much attention anymore.

Haha that is great. Welcome to college hoops 2016 or at least Wake hoops 2016. We got no idea who we play or when...who won last year...but we do know Duke will get a pass to the Final.

I'm coincidentally working out of Chinatown that day, will prob drop in for a bit at least

The only good thing the ACC has done in the last two decades is bring back Friday night and Saturday night semi's and final. Thanks to ESPN I guess.

I liked it better when it was Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. When did they first switch from Friday-Saturday to Saturday Sunday?

My prediction for Wake's ACC tourney game if the gameplan remains the same is a loss. However, I'd predict a win if Crawford was guaranteed to play his early game minutes and get the same focus on offense while allowing ample time to the freshmen bigs at this point. At this point, all other guards should be playing a secondary/tertiary role on offense while letting Crawford do whatever he can whenever he is on the court. Also, Dinos is a rotational/situational outside shooting big. His minutes should be going to the younger guys with more abilities down low.

Last edited:
I see a huge loss for Wake Forest as Cat Barber bumps into every Wake player at least seven times with the Wake player getting called for a foul. I see State having more than 48 FT chances while we have 17.

I also see DM leaving at the end of March, 2016

I see a huge loss for Wake Forest as Cat Barber bumps into every Wake player at least seven times with the Wake player getting called for a foul. I see State having more than 48 FT chances while we have 17.

I also see DM leaving at the end of March, 2016

Why would either of the DM's leave in a few weeks? Are you expecting Manning to get a better offer? He's not getting fired. If you are trying to say that Doral Moore is transferring, he needs to stay until the end of the semester to leave in good standing. So WTF???????

I agree.
It should be the ACC tournament ends and shortly after is the NCAA pairings show.
It made for a heck of a Sunday afternoon/evening.

At what point is the ACC kicking the Big East out of MSG?

Why would either of the DM's leave in a few weeks? Are you expecting Manning to get a better offer? He's not getting fired. If you are trying to say that Doral Moore is transferring, he needs to stay until the end of the semester to leave in good standing. So WTF???????
.....As of now DM stands for Danny Manning. Would not want to see the other DM leave since it would leave an already weak team even weaker.

We would be 16-19 overall against an extremely difficult schedule, a solid non-conference effort, and a 2-16 conference record. We would also have won five games in a row (thanks for the math #'s) as well as have four wins in four days over top 40 teams in the nation with at least two of those likely coming against a top 10 team.

I think it's likely we'd be a 15 or 16 seed not in the First Four. The first four is the worst four teams in the tournament and then the last four at-large teams. So we can't make the latter and we wouldn't be part of the former. So I guess we probably wouldn't be part of the First Four? Tough to tell. I mean there are already two teams in the tournament (Florida Gulf Coast and Austin Peay) who are 50+ spots worse than us on KenPom so we're already pretty far ahead of those teams and I would expect there to be three or four more in total who would be worse than we currently stand (128).

Back