• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Thread NWT

I can remember when Wake played the level of basketball being played tonight. Was so nice

I can remember when we used to be concerned about our seeding in the NCAAT. :tear:

UVA may still pull this out, but they are going to need some shots to start falling.

My eye test tells me Virginia is the better team. That said, you can't miss 12 consecutive shots down the stretch.

Now, we get to hear this shit for 12 months from the hayseeds. Fucking lovely.

My eye test tells me Virginia is the better team. That said, you can't miss 12 consecutive shots down the stretch.

Agreed, off night for Brogdon really hurt them. That said, they could probably play ten times and each win five.

How can UNC win anything? They don't have student athletes? Just athletes.

Agreed, off night for Brogdon really hurt them. That said, they could probably play ten times and each win five.

I think UVa could also end up with the 4th #1 seed. They are both real damn good and will get to the Final Four unless another team shoots lights out or their shooting stinks like UVa's did tonight and it keeps up all game long. UNC has found their defense.

I thought UNC would have to get the game into the 70s to win. Va plays a ball control and were keeping it in the 50s with a small lead. I told my wife (UNC grad) that Va wins unless they go cold and lose the lead. Va strat lacks firepower to come from behind.

Seems like every year the officiating in the tournament changes to allow lots more contact in the paint.

WFU hasn't made it to the championship game in 20+ years. Before that, they made it once between 1964 and 1994. And now they also have to contend with Louisville, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Pitt, along with UNC, Duke,Virginia, Miami, and the rest of the old ACC. But never fear, the WFU official scorer and WFU court announcer made it to the championship game, which is about the best WFU can hope for. Go Deacs, pronounce those names, and keep those fouls and time outs recorded correctly. BTW, congrats to our official scorer and court announcer for jobs well done.

Yeah. Our good teams struggled in the ACC Tournament. Having a good team seems unlikely much less one doing well.

How old are you? Were you a fan in the mid-to-late 80s? If so, did you ever think we'd win ACC championships in back-to-back years less than a decade later?

Past returns are not indicative of future performance

Back