• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Thread NWT

Prediction wake wins by 15, Rondale goes for double figures and is the Holly Farms player of the game.

Because of salary on DraftKings, I had a choice between Rondale and Doral to fill out my roster and I went with the smoker.

All kidding aside, I really do think we win today and dare I say tomorrow as well. We'll meet our match and come up just short, while having the lead in the final 4 minutes on Thursday.

All kidding aside, I really do think we win today and dare I say tomorrow as well. We'll meet our match and come up just short, while having the lead in the final 4 minutes on Thursday.

I could see us winning today but not tomorrow and it's not that I am enamored with Duke. I just don't have faith in us to do the little things to win (rebound, make free throws).

I really want our seniors to go as far as possible and would love for them to win, however I am also realistic and say State 87 Wake 72. Defensively we can't stop a team of one armed, blind midgets (sorry if I offend anyone, not meaning to)

You must have smoked up that drug with Devin known as "hope"

Would love to see the team play with some heart and effort for the whole game.

March 8th is definitely an historical day for WF in the ACC Tournament. One of the most devastating losses and one of the most thrilling victories....both against Carolina....happened on March 8th:

MAR 08 - 1957 #1 UNC beat #20 WF 61-59 in ACC Semi-Final; WF led 59-58 w/less than a minute to play; controversial block call against Wendell Carr on Rosenbluth

MAR 08 - 1973 WF pulled fantastic OT upset over UNC 54-52 in ACC 1st round; trailed by 2 @0:01 in regulation & ball on far end of court

I remember when the first day of the ACC tournament was exciting...right along with Sunday evening afterwards.

Starting on a Tuesday and going for 5 days really hurts the excitement as far as I'm concerned. Of course, if we would ever get to have a bye or even 2 byes it would help, but I miss the old days. 4 games on Friday, everybody plays and you go from there. The excitement for the tournament built all week, instead of 2 whole days before it starts. Even 9 teams and having the play in game wasn't too bad but so many teams and starting so early in the week, it just takes away from it.

This has been said several times on game/prediction threads, but this feels like a game we end up losing because we shot 50% from the FT line.

I'm feeling the vibes hard. Maybe it's because I took a pot of coffee to the face this morning, but I feel the vibes coursing through me. Should I reserve a block of hotel rooms in Houston for us now or wait?

#vibes !

March 8th is definitely an historical day for WF in the ACC Tournament. One of the most devastating losses and one of the most thrilling victories....both against Carolina....happened on March 8th:

MAR 08 - 1957 #1 UNC beat #20 WF 61-59 in ACC Semi-Final; WF led 59-58 w/less than a minute to play; controversial block call against Wendell Carr on Rosenbluth

MAR 08 - 1973 WF pulled fantastic OT upset over UNC 54-52 in ACC 1st round; trailed by 2 @0:01 in regulation & ball on far end of court

And almost 60 years later, you are still blaming the refs. ;)

And almost 60 years later, you are still blaming the refs. ;)

I didn't even see or listen to that game. I started following WF the following season....when Bones became the coach and George Ritchie, Dave Budd, Charlie Forte & Twig Wiggins were sophomores.

I was just posting what was widely said about that last call for years & years & years.

I do blame the refs for the Scoreboard Game in 1975...both of them: Fred Hikel for the scoreboard call & Hank Nichols for the last technical. I think I have posted more than once on these boards that in my 59 years of watching college basketball, that is the only game that I would say was deliberately stolen by the referees.

I'm feeling the vibes hard. Maybe it's because I took a pot of coffee to the face this morning, but I feel the vibes coursing through me. Should I reserve a block of hotel rooms in Houston for us now or wait?

Probably should go ahead and get on that booking before it is too late.

I'm generally a pretty optimistic guy, at least when it comes to Wake Forest basketball... But let's just end this disaster of a season and move on.

I think we come out flat and get stomped. Freshmen looking lost combined with CMM and DT pressing in their last game.

Besides holding Cat in check, the key to this game will be if we can pound the ball inside and get State's bigs in foul trouble. This gameplan worked pretty well when played @State before DM inexcusably benched Doral for the final 10 minutes.

Back