• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Thread NWT

All kidding aside, I really do think we win today and dare I say tomorrow as well. We'll meet our match and come up just short, while having the lead in the final 4 minutes on Thursday.

I too am dreaming. This could happen if Wake stops the dribble penetration (zone maybe) hits FTs and forgets the 3.

This nightmare ends today. I need more closure to end the insanity.

All kidding aside, I really do think we win today and dare I say tomorrow as well. We'll meet our match and come up just short, while having the lead in the final 4 minutes on Thursday.

Well, we've beat State this year and we could have beat Duke if we didn't screw up the last few minutes of the game, so it's possible.

Wasn't it in 1975(?) when UVA finished in last place during the regular season and ended up winning the tournament?
Anything can happen if you believe.

March 8th is definitely an historical day for WF in the ACC Tournament. One of the most devastating losses and one of the most thrilling victories....both against Carolina....happened on March 8th:

MAR 08 - 1957 #1 UNC beat #20 WF 61-59 in ACC Semi-Final; WF led 59-58 w/less than a minute to play; controversial block call against Wendell Carr on Rosenbluth

MAR 08 - 1973 WF pulled fantastic OT upset over UNC 54-52 in ACC 1st round; trailed by 2 @0:01 in regulation & ball on far end of court

March 8th was also the date of the Harvey Hale 2OT game against Georgia Tech, and the last time we won a game to advance to the quarterfinals of the ACC tournament.

The team should definitely be psyched up for the game. Nothing builds momentum like rolling into the tournament on a 14-game losing streak (other than a victory over winless BC).

Win or lose, we know this game will be borderline unwatchable.

Usual cast of characters starting today. No surprises there.

Usual cast of characters starting today. No surprises there.

At least there's some rationale behind it for this game. They're .500 vs. State.

Abu scares me. athlete. may take it to DT and frustrate him.

Currently watching a replay of the Kansas-Oklahoma 3 OT game from earlier this year on ESPNU. It really is amazing how quickly and far we have fallen from playing at the highest level of college basketball. Hoping we can pull out a win or two in this tourney so that our freshman can get some postseason experience but I'm not counting on it.

Well, we've beat State this year and we could have beat Duke if we didn't screw up the last few minutes of the game, so it's possible.

Wasn't it in 1975(?) when UVA finished in last place during the regular season and ended up winning the tournament?
Anything can happen if you believe.

Since the league expanded to 12 teams only 4 bottom 4 seeds have won two games in the tournament (State twice, Miami, and Wake). None have won three.

8 seed N.C. State won three games before losing in the finals in 1997.

Virginia and Duke each won as 6 seeds in a 7 team ACC.

State won as a 6 seed in an 8 team ACC.

Currently watching a replay of the Kansas-Oklahoma 3 OT game from earlier this year on ESPNU. It really is amazing how quickly and far we have fallen from playing at the highest level of college basketball. Hoping we can pull out a win or two in this tourney so that our freshman can get some postseason experience but I'm not counting on it.

Probably the best game I've seen all season. Huge man crush on Buddy Hield.

Reminds me of our 3 OT game against UNC during CP3's freshman year. Or some of our awesome games against Duke at home during the 2000's. Just two great teams trading shots back and forth. I really miss the feeling of being so invested in a game like that.

I will be driving in ENC during the time the game is played, and was hoping to avoid the Wolfie radio broadcast (in fairness, they're not bad). This may or may not be emblematic of recent times, but the Wake radio network doesn't extend East of Raleigh (other than Craven County). One-third of the State isn't even interested anymore. Nice going, Ron.

I will be driving in ENC during the time the game is played, and was hoping to avoid the Wolfie radio broadcast (in fairness, they're not bad). This may or may not be emblematic of recent times, but the Wake radio network doesn't extend East of Raleigh (other than Craven County). One-third of the State isn't even interested anymore. Nice going, Ron.

We still have two-thirds?!?!?!

This nightmare ends today. I need more closure to end the insanity.

Yeah without Crab scoring (yeah I get why he is gone) we got NO SHOT to win 2 games. He needed to be a. on the team and b. score like 16 in round 1 and 18 in round 2 - with some 3's - for us to have any chance.

Has it ever? The Wake broadcast was spotty at best when I was growing up in Raleigh.

sweet air ball to start the game.

It's got to be strange playing in a tournament game where you may be able to hear the TV announcers on the court...Especially given Doris Burke's deep voice.

Back