• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Thread NWT

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Who else is going to join me and ~700 others in the Verizon Center at noon next Tuesday?? Show of hands!

I'm assuming I'm going to be able to get a ticket for $5 outside.

I'll be there for the whole thing - for better or worse. May skip the Wednesday afternoon session if Wake loses to State to wonder around DC a bit but other than that I'll be there. Down to grab a beer inside with anyone since apparently that's a thing this year.

I have off work next week. I may catch a few minutes of a few games between working on setting up my garden and whatever other outdoor recreation I get into next week. So many reasons I don't give a shit about this tournament anymore.

I will be there the entire time as well with that Numbers fellow.

you are assuming there are going to people outside selling tickets to these games on Tuesday? J/K. have fun. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a free ticket from someone.

I will be there for WF one and only appearance in the DC area for many years as the result of MD's departure to the Big 10.

I'm planning on going as well. Like said above, may as well take advantage of Wake coming to DC for something other than a handout.

Anybody have a feel for the working of the street market for tickets?

I'm planning on going as well. Like said above, may as well take advantage of Wake coming to DC for something other than a handout.

Anybody have a feel for the working of the street market for tickets?

Find old black guys on the corner of 7th and F. Give them $5. Get ticket.

Who else is going to join me and ~700 others in the Verizon Center at noon next Tuesday?? Show of hands!

I'm assuming I'm going to be able to get a ticket for $5 outside.

Just be aware of DC's Scalper Police - they were very active the last time the ACC Tournament was there (and they don't care if it's $5 or $100)

is it scalping if the asking price is less than face value? and likely significantly less

It's a real shame we suck, or the current path of NCSU, Notre Dame, Duke would be a pretty nice draw, all things considered.

I want to believe we beat NCST...they are really not good, can't let Barber beat us. I don't care if we double him from the start and let one of their other players go bonkers. I just don't want to lose because Cat goes for 40!

I want to believe we beat NCST...they are really not good, can't let Barber beat us. I don't care if we double him from the start and let one of their other players go bonkers. I just don't want to lose because Cat goes for 40!

This. Might even be worthwhile to try box and 1 or other "junk defense" for a few possessions. Just to mix it up some.

It's a real shame we suck, or the current path of NCSU, Notre Dame, Duke would be a pretty nice draw, all things considered.

Nobody in a position of authority, from the refs on up, would possibly allow Wake to upset the apple cart and beat Duke, feel good story or no. Or defending champ Notre Dame, for that matter. Actually, are they defending champs? I've lost track. I don't pay very much attention anymore.

I'll go out on a ledge and predict that Cat goes for a career high. These DEACS need to be put out of their misery.

I'll go out on a ledge and predict that Cat goes for a career high. These DEACS need to be put out of their misery.

It's not like State is playing for anything either. I would assume they're about as ready to sweep this season under the rug as we are. We've been bad for a while. They were in the sweet 16 last year. Imagine how much more disappointed and dejected they are.

Besides, neutral court tournaments are where this team thrives!

I mentioned before I had a buddy selling books of tickets to a suite - as many predicted they're doing single games now. PM me if you're interested, food and booze is included.

Tuesday:2 games, $50/ticket
Wednesday Session 1 - 2 games, $180/ticket
Wednesday Session 2- 2 games, $180/ticket
Thursday Session 1 - 2 games, $400/ticket
Thursday Session 2 - 2 games, $400/ticket
Friday: 2 games, $700/ticket
Saturday: 1 game, $900/ticket

It seems like a long time since the ACC Tournament was one of the toughest tickets to get in all of sports.

$50 for a suite for two games is a steal. You can make that up in food and booze easy.

Back