• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a backup DT and the Panthers are paying him less this season than the Falcons have dead money in him. It'll be okay if he sucks.

Even if Solai is a huge bust, it's not like it's going to leave a void in our defense. He won't even start. It would just be a cap hit.

I am happy with the pick-up. I have not followed Solai at all but I just figure-- how hard can it be for a 32 year old former pro bowler to come in and give some good snaps while the starters take a breather.

Even if Solai is a huge bust, it's not like it's going to leave a void in our defense. He won't even start. It would just be a cap hit.

A relatively small cap hit. And if GMan strikes gold in the draft and with street FA, Solail will be deep on the bench or cut depending on the cap hit. GMan likes to enter the draft without big holes to fill.

I wonder how much better than Dwan Edwards this guys really going to be.

@TomPelissero
Heisman winner Derrick Henry says he has two visits set up next month: #Panthers and #Cowboys. He's with us on @SiriusXMNFL

I think that mentality is like the hot hand theory. You just think everything will work out because the most recent examples you can think of did when in reality everything will correct to the close to the average. Its the same stuff people say about Belichick but he has had some colossal busts as well, Haynesworth, Ochocinco, Adalius Thomas.

Using the Patriots as an example of how not to play free agency is kinda dumb. Haynesworth busted for the Redskins, not the Pats.

You can afford to bust on a DT in free agency when you draft/develop well and have 2 of the best 6 players in the NFL.

@TomPelissero
Heisman winner Derrick Henry says he has two visits set up next month: #Panthers and #Cowboys. He's with us on @SiriusXMNFL

Taking him at 30 seems like a reach, but I don't seen him being around at 62 either.

I think that mentality is like the hot hand theory. You just think everything will work out because the most recent examples you can think of did when in reality everything will correct to the close to the average. Its the same stuff people say about Belichick but he has had some colossal busts as well, Haynesworth, Ochocinco, Adalius Thomas.
Yeah probably but still #gettlemagic

The Goose played on the same Yankees teams as Reggie Jackson.

I think this might be JStew's last year as a Panther.

I could see him taking the CJ discount to be the #2.

Derrick Henry could be a stud during his rookie deal. Wouldn't mind getting him in the first since we are picking so low. Still would rather search in the low rounds and UFAs though.

I could see him taking the CJ discount to be the #2.

Derrick Henry could be a stud during his rookie deal. Wouldn't mind getting him in the first since we are picking so low. Still would rather search in the low rounds and UFAs though.

I don't know. Especially with DeAngelo's success elsewhere. But yeah, Having Henry on a rookie deal was what I had in mind. I'm not sure we need another CAP or Wegher on the team.

Henry is too damn big of a target.

I see him getting beat to shit in the pros.

CAP showed promise. We punished him too harshly for one fumble in the playoffs. Deffo could've used him in the Super Bowl once Stewart not shockingly got hurt

CAP was mediocre. I wouldn't be shocked if he was demoted to the practice squad.

Thinking about it further, I can't see GMan taking a RB in the 1st especially Henry. He's not a long term piece and GMan wants a guy who will earn the money going forward like our recent 1st rounders.

Drafted Brandon Jacobs, albeit in the fourth round.

Also drafted David Wilson at the end of the first round in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back