• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explosions at the Brussels Airport

What will the number of dead, innocent european non-Muslims be from a percentage standpoint?

Assuming each of those 400 kill 20 people, the nonmuslim population of Europe is about 700 million, so about .0011%

I didn't realize Afghanistan was "South Asia" rather than the "Middle East"

Clearly the take-home from that chart.

Nevermind that 584 million Muslims believe death is the appropriate sanction for leaving their faith.

If some lady in Charlotte doesn't want a dude in her public bathroom, y'all lose your stuffing. But it's cool that 1.39 billions Muslims agree that a husband can demand obedience from his wife (wives?). Being P.C. is not easy work, I will give you guys that.

What do you want me to say? I think religion is a crock of shit in the first place and everyone on here knows that. I don't have a solution for this from an American perspective or from a global perspective. How do you weed out something religiously motivated where a random dude with access to the internet can kill 20 people in the name of the Islamic State? I really don't know. I don't personally think the answer is to bomb the shit out of the Middle East (which has seemingly been our policy for the last half century) but I don't know that it's not the answer either.

Nevermind that 584 million Muslims believe death is the appropriate sanction for leaving their faith.

If some lady in Charlotte doesn't want a dude in her public bathroom, y'all lose your stuffing. But it's cool that 1.39 billions Muslims agree that a husband can demand obedience from his wife (wives?). Being P.C. is not easy work, I will give you guys that.

Well the person in Charlotte is in the US and the others are not. Do we have to tell everyone how to do everything?

Is anyone advocating legalizing that discrimination and oppression stateside among us commielibs?

I think there's a global issue, but if you want my flaming hot take - I think domestically we should worry a hell of a lot more about guns and domestic terrorism than we need to worry about ISIS blowing shit up. That's certainly an isolationist position which is seemingly untenable in an increasingly globalized landscape where everything is intertwined on a large scale, but your average American is far more likely to be killed by a handgun than to be killed by a religiously motivated terror attack. So I guess my big takeaway is I wish we responded in kind to the types of terror we see here on a daily basis that gets categorized as a necessary derivative of our 2nd Amendment freedoms like we do to terror attacks an ocean away. They're both terribly tragic, but they don't both receive the same proportionate response at all.

Well the person in Charlotte is in the US and the others are not. Do we have to tell everyone how to do everything?

R.I.P. Citizens of the World. You had a good run.

I have just as strong an opinion against beheadings inside this country as I do outside this country. I'm Anti-beheadings without Borders.

I have just as strong an opinion against beheadings inside this country as I do outside this country. I'm Anti-beheadings without Borders.

But not bombing without borders?

who's to say that ISIS is wrong and Jefferson was right? this is a safe space

who's to say that ISIS is wrong and Jefferson was right? this is a safe space

Me. Because I have eyes and a brain. Jefferson's message (while we can all acknowledge he didn't practice it) is the foundation of individual liberty. He was right. They were wrong. Even if he was white and they were not. Sorry about it.

Let's review:

Getting thrown off of a roof because you're gay is wrong.
Being able to write bad things about your government is right.
Stoning someone to death because they were raped is wrong.
Letting women drive is, well, right in theory.

What do you want me to say? I think religion is a crock of shit in the first place and everyone on here knows that. I don't have a solution for this from an American perspective or from a global perspective. How do you weed out something religiously motivated where a random dude with access to the internet can kill 20 people in the name of the Islamic State? I really don't know. I don't personally think the answer is to bomb the shit out of the Middle East (which has seemingly been our policy for the last half century) but I don't know that it's not the answer either.

I appreciate the candor, but it's noteworthy how quickly we pivoted from "Well, not all Muslims" to "All religion everywhere."

As if these attacks could have just as easily be carried out by a hillside dwelling, vegan Buddhist monk scared of irritating a butterfly. Or some dude in handmade clothes in the Pennsylvania backcountry with a raging case of butter elbow.

Since you have some ambiguity, let me pick up the spare for us all: THIS RELIGION is today's problem child. In the past there have been others, but RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, THESE IDIOTS are the problem. #notallreligions #butdefinitelythisone

Buddha and Vishnu are pretty dope but damn if their creation myths aren't crazy as shit.

But I agree with doofi that the Abrahamic religions all kind of suck. Except for breaking dishes at weddings. The Jews got that figured out.

Christianity is a huge problem for many US citizens

Are we talking about honor killings, stonings, child slavery or worse, having to walk past a piece of 28 inch tall granite that says "Don't take each other's stuff and get your own donkey" on your biannual trip to the Courthouse? There is thing the kids call "scale" we use when assessing #hugeproblems.

Back