• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explosions at the Brussels Airport

You can play the "x religion did y which is bad" game with literally almost any religion. Of course if it weren't religion that all this were done in the name of (and providing a shroud of secrecy based on a literal cult of personality in many cases) there would just be something else I'm sure. Who knows?

If people want to go bomb the hell out of the Middle East to stop ISIS then go for it, but I'm not gonna jump on board. Maybe it's the right move, maybe not but I'll believe it when I see it.

For me personally, I don't care which restroom a transgender person uses. My issue with it simply has to do with people who are not transgender using this as an excuse to be a pervert.

Please provide sources where this has happened in states where there are protections in place like Charlotte's law. If it's an issue there should be plenty of stories on it. If it's not an issue, then let's find a reason with substance to defend overriding a local law.

Can someone be a pervert in the bathroom or locker room of their same gender/sex?

More importantly, should gay guys use the women's bathroom?

I feel like the complaints/concerns that we're hearing about trans issues are roughly the same ones we heard about the perils of people being gay.

MOST importantly, do the urinals in the women's rooms have dividers between them?

More importantly, should gay guys use the women's bathroom?

I feel like the complaints/concerns that we're hearing about trans issues are roughly the same ones we heard about the perils of people being gay.

Because they are. Plenty of segregation has been justified throughout history by a fear of male sexuality and a Victorian perspective on femininity throughout history.

I don't believe it is discrimination but rather common sense. Any individual can claim to be transgender and use any public restroom they desire for any reason, ill intended or not. You don't have a problem with that but most Americans do.

1. Bullshit
2. There are already myriad laws against lewd conduct and sexual assault

If the restroom issue is not be a big deal, then why are transgender individuals upset about being required to use their biological sex restroom? Since all opinions should be viewed as equal, perhaps in the next election this issue should be voted upon.

Kids aged up to 20, yes. As for you asking what Obama has done about this, I hope you aren't serious. My point is that we should be much more concerned about American youth being killed by gun violence, yet the same people who ignore these deaths are the ones who talk about starting another ground war or nuking ISIS. It's fucking stupid. The assholes who strap up to defend Dylan Bundy or patrol the border don't give a flying fuck about the toddler that shoots and kills his father, or the kid that shoots his mother in the back while riding in the car.
http://news.yale.edu/2014/01/27/aft...ons-firearm-injuries-prevalent-among-children

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/the-toll-gun-violence-children

"...Over 7,000 children are hospitalized or killed due to gun violence every year, according to a new study published in the medical journal Pediatrics. An additional 3,000 children die from gun injuries before making it to the hospital, bringing the total number of injured or killed adolescents to 10,000 each year..."

Okay, just looking at the first link and it's not 10,000 children accidentally shot. Most of the people are the victims of assaults and the study included those 20 and under. I'm not saying we don't have a problem with gun violence, and I'd like to see more done to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. And I was being serious, what did Obama do to protect these children that are the victims of accidental shootings and what is Hillary proposing to do? Did what they do have a significant impact on the number of children accidentally shot, or do you think it will?
Most of these hospitalizations resulted from assaults (4,559), but in children younger than age 10, 75% of the almost 400 hospitalizations were due to unintentional or accidental injuries.

If the restroom issue is not be a big deal, then why are transgender individuals upset about being required to use their biological sex restroom? Since all opinions should be viewed as equal, perhaps in the next election this issue should be voted upon.

I guess I'm confused. Who said it wasn't a big deal (other than opponents) and b) what do you mean by 'big deal'?

How the hell did this thread turn into a tranny thread? Besides the fact that trannies and terrorists are both fucked in the head, of course.

Big deal was referencing those who it seems are arguing for a unisex restroom. People are arguing from both sides of their mouth. If it is distressing to the transgender individual to use their "biologically assigned" restroom, why is it any less distressful for a person to use a restroom with a person of the opposite biological sex? I fail to understand why a transgender individuals comfort level takes presidence over others comfort level. I will stop as I have gotten this thread way off track.

I'm cool with the US taking in women and children Syrian refugees as well as nuclear families. Single adult males, nope.

Damn. Austin chicks must be swiping right on Syrian bros. Tough times for #braskyinlove.

Okay, just looking at the first link and it's not 10,000 children accidentally shot. Most of the people are the victims of assaults and the study included those 20 and under. I'm not saying we don't have a problem with gun violence, and I'd like to see more done to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. And I was being serious, what did Obama do to protect these children that are the victims of accidental shootings and what is Hillary proposing to do? Did what they do have a significant impact on the number of children accidentally shot, or do you think it will?

That's the reason I posted 2 links. Of the 10,000 stated, nearly half are non-assault accidents. That's a 9/11 attack's worth of injuries and deaths every single year. President Obama has attempted numerous times to create or encourage legislation to prevent malfeasant gun ownership, but he's been blocked at every attempt by conservatives "protecting the 2nd amendment". It's hypocritical bullshit for the same people to ignore violence and death here domestically and instead pursue a religious war abroad, based on a much smaller threat.

Big deal was referencing those who it seems are arguing for a unisex restroom. People are arguing from both sides of their mouth. If it is distressing to the transgender individual to use their "biologically assigned" restroom, why is it any less distressful for a person to use a restroom with a person of the opposite biological sex? I fail to understand why a transgender individuals comfort level takes presidence over others comfort level. I will stop as I have gotten this thread way off track.

It's a fair point but I think, personally, that it's a weak one. What is the source of discomfort for you if a trans-man walks into the bathroom and uses a stall while you're at the urinal?

It's a fair point but I think, personally, that it's a weak one. What is the source of discomfort for you if a trans-man walks into the bathroom and uses a stall while you're at the urinal?

Better question. Why it is more uncomfortable for Chaz Bono to walk in than Caitlin Jenner?

Damn. Austin chicks must be swiping right on Syrian bros. Tough times for #braskyinlove.

Based on footage from abroad, refugees seem to take a more aggressive approach to the local populace. Whether those are rarities or commonalities is the question.

Back