• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explosions at the Brussels Airport

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Do you all remember how beautiful and safe a place Brussels wss. Not anymore, it is from a different world! U.S. must be vigilant and smart!

How many Americans does Trump think have been to Brussels, Belgium, or Europe? Only been to Brussels and Belgium once. Was in Anterp too. Neither were anything special. Would go to Ypres, Brugge, and Ghent and love Belgian ales, but way down the list on priorities. Even if they've never been, most Americans can put Paris, London, and Rome in context, but nobody has a clue about Brussels or Belgium. Horrible tragedy, but even fewer Ameticans will ever visit Belgium now.

Abdeslam's lawyer said yesterday he was "worth his weight in gold", regarding the intelligence he was providing.
"He is collaborating... He is not maintaining his right to remain silent," said lawyer Sven Mary.
Given the reports that he was cooperating, it seems likely the terrorists stepped up their attacks before they could be arrested.

Both Hillary and Trump have been on the phone with ABC News in the last hour. Trump is a complete and total idiot. Hillary sounds knowledgeable and credible. (Can't believe I just typed that.)

I wonder if his lawyer now regrets saying all that to the media. I suspect he was trying to gain some public sympathy for his client. Also, the fact the most wanted man in Europe was found living with a family only a few hundred yards from his former house, and had been seen walking around in the community (he was living there while he was wanted), what does that tell you about many of the people in Molenbeek, that they would protect the person responsible for what happened in Paris? And what does it say about the Belgian intelligence services?

Both Hillary and Trump have been on the phone with ABC News in the last hour. Trump is a complete and total idiot. Hillary sounds knowledgeable and credible. (Can't believe I just typed that.)

She has her obvious faults, but she has a firm grasp on the issues.

She was the SoS FFS. She outght to have an idea what's going on better than some blowhard real estate magnate who won't even tell you who he's talking to about foreign policy.

I realize she was the SoS FFS. It's just so incredible the stark contrast between the two when they're both trotted out in public.

I know you know that. But it shouldn't be so incredible that Trump sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

A little off topic here, but don't you know Cruz/Kasich are chomping at the bit to get another shot at Trump in a debate to fully expose him as an idiot now that there are only 3 candidates left? Cruz may be a dick and Kasich boring as sin, but both know all the issues and are expert debaters. I am sure Trump will fight this all the way to the convention.

If someone would have told me a year ago that half the country was rushing to get Donald Fucking Trump's reaction to a terrorist attack in Brussels I would have laughed in their face. Absurd.

This is so sad. But I think the emotion I feel when I hear about these things more so than anything else is anger. Anger because its so fucking stupid.

A college friend of mine just left to go study abroad in Belgium a couple weeks ago. He is in Brussles right now, posted on facebook that he is fine.

A college friend of mine just left to go study abroad in Belgium a couple weeks ago. He is in Brussles right now, posted on facebook that he is fine.

I had one of those Facebook safety check ins in my news feed this morning as well - my HS class valedictorian lives in Brussels and appears to spend a lot of time in that airport. Thankfully she's OK. Surreal.

You'd think this thread would have more than 35 posts

relax guys, only a few more months before president Trump sends in the Einsatzgruppen to wipe out ISIS families so we can stop this madness

So now they're saying they found an assault rifle and undetonated suicide vest at the airport. Sounds like a co-conspirator may have changed his mind. So how do you get an assault rifle in an airport? Maybe it was outside.

So now they're saying they found an assault rifle and undetonated suicide vest at the airport. Sounds like a co-conspirator may have changed his mind. So how do you get an assault rifle in an airport? Maybe it was outside.
Guess once his friend blew himself up he decided it wasn't for him, kind of like what Abdeslam did.

Back