• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explosions at the Brussels Airport

uh, you can waltz into an american airport with an assault rifle in a duffle bag right now, even after this morning's attacks. maybe not la guardia or SFO, but certainly any 2nd tier airport

Big picture question. So we wipe out ISIS like we pretty much did with Al qaeda. Will another extremist group just rise up? Is it a never ending ending cycle of radical extremists?

I wonder if his lawyer now regrets saying all that to the media. I suspect he was trying to gain some public sympathy for his client. Also, the fact the most wanted man in Europe was found living with a family only a few hundred yards from his former house, and had been seen walking around in the community (he was living there while he was wanted), what does that tell you about many of the people in Molenbeek, that they would protect the person responsible for what happened in Paris? And what does it say about the Belgian intelligence services?

But not all Muslims.

uh, you can waltz into an american airport with an assault rifle in a duffle bag right now, even after this morning's attacks. maybe not la guardia or SFO, but certainly any 2nd tier airport

Yeah, I guess you're right - you just hopefully wouldn't get it beyond the security checkpoint.

Big picture question. So we wipe out ISIS like we pretty much did with Al qaeda. Will another extremist group just rise up? Is it a never ending ending cycle of radical extremists?

Probably. And what makes it worse is that you'd end up having to ally with Assad and Iran to an extent to get rid of the IS. And the Shia militias in Iraq are about as ruthless as the IS.

Trump doesn't have to worry about the establishment blocking him now.

1. fix our stupid energy needs
2. get our shit out of the middle east
3. "sayonara, israel"
4. profit

Guess once his friend blew himself up he decided it wasn't for him, kind of like what Abdeslam did.

CNN, I think, is saying that one suicide vest in the airport may not have worked, and so the would be bomber abandoned it. An intact suicide vest could provide a bonanza of useful information about the terrorists' methods, capabilities and identities.

also, why do Euro police departments always wear ski masks in these post-terrorism operations

I don't recall US domestic law enforcement agencies doing that or am I wrong

also, why do Euro police departments always wear ski masks in these post-terrorism operations

I don't recall US domestic law enforcement agencies doing that or am I wrong

140813_POL_FergusonCops2.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

well yeah, they were using tear gas for crowd control

but these euro dudes are always rocking ski masks; makes them look like mid-80s hollywood terrorists

eta: never noticed it before but love the 'fuck tha police' scribble on the mailbox

So now they're saying they found an assault rifle and undetonated suicide vest at the airport. Sounds like a co-conspirator may have changed his mind. So how do you get an assault rifle in an airport? Maybe it was outside.

Shouldn't be that hard to get into an airport with an assault rifle. It would be fucking simple in the US.

ETA: Like ITC said.

She was the SoS FFS.

It's funny, but I don't think people appreciate the significance of the Secretary of State and how critical a job it is, particularly in today's world. Shit man, listen to the Serial podcast about Bergdahl. The last episode talked a bit about Clinton's involvement and role navigating the complexities and different groups involved in that situation and you definitely go away thinking, dang, that is pretty good training for a President of the United fucking States. Doubt someone could handle that job who is preoccupied with having tiny, dwarven hands.

Yeah, I guess you're right - you just hopefully wouldn't get it beyond the security checkpoint.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a71cda-2a58-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html

TSA tightens security amid discovery of airport gun smugglers

The discovery of a gun-smuggling ring at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport this year brought immediate scrutiny of airport workers nationwide, and a top federal official said Tuesday that the attention would intensify in the months to come.

The Transportation Security Administration was embarrassed in January when a former Delta Airlines baggage handler was charged with helping another man carry 18 handguns onto a flight from Atlanta to New York City.

FBI investigators determined the gun-running scheme had been in operation for several years, fostered by airport workers whose identity badges gave them access to areas off-limits to passengers. They said that between May and December of last year, 129 weapons, including two assault rifles, were smuggled to New York.

It's funny, but I don't think people appreciate the significance of the Secretary of State and how critical a job it is, particularly in today's world. Shit man, listen to the Serial podcast about Bergdahl. The last episode talked a bit about Clinton's involvement and role navigating the complexities and different groups involved in that situation and you definitely go away thinking, dang, that is pretty good training for a President of the United fucking States. Doubt someone could handle that job who is preoccupied with having tiny, dwarven hands.

She did great in Libya too iirc.

noooooow you want experience !?

Back