• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explosions at the Brussels Airport

They just said on CNN that Dikembe Mutombo was at the Brussels airport this morning, but was unharmed. That's pretty random.

He saw one terrorist coming but swatted it away and shook his finger. "Not in my house!" was heard just before "Allahu Akbar."

Odd that we haven't had 1 in 150+ years, but yeah, Monroe had a strong 8 years, and Jefferson, Madison and JQA had issues but are all regarded as at least being okay. Is the reason we haven't had 1 in so long because it's such a grueling job and you certainly couldn't do that job and campaign for the presidency?

I think the last Secretary of State to transition to Pres helping cause a Civil War in said State sullied the rep. Back in the day, it was considered a heir apparent position, much like Attorney Generals of states typically are for Governor.

and I think Madison did a good job, Louisiana purchase outweighing anything else that happened

so i guess that means "beg the US to invest in and/or invade Europe"

*rimshot*
I translated it more hopefully as "time to actually live up to our NATO obligations and stop freeriding on the American taxpayers for our security needs" but doubt his views make it through the legislative process. After all there's artisanal cheese to subsidize and fighter jets are EXPENSIVE.

Great read and from Piers Morgan no less. Would love for some of the board members so opposed to Trump to respond to the questions Mr Morgan poses at the end of the article.

I translated it more hopefully as "time to actually live up to our NATO obligations and stop freeriding on the American taxpayers for our security needs" but doubt his views make it through the legislative process. After all there's artisanal cheese to subsidize and fighter jets are EXPENSIVE.

923 agrees with Trump?!?

Also, I agree

What I don't understand is why the "free world" is not being more proactive in wiping out the footprint of ISIS in Syria/Iraq.

Is it that insane to suggest that the top 25 countries send in 20,000 troops each and under one command go in and wipe ISIS from the Mideast map. Sure, logistics wouldn't be easy, casualties high, but every law abiding country (including Arab nations) needs to get this done, yesterday.

I wouldn't suggest that this would solve the problems of sleeper cells in countries like Belguim and France but it sure would blunt the ability for these SOB's to be further radicalized, trained and funded.

The World needs to get this done.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why the "free world" is not being more proactive in wiping out the footprint of ISIS in Syria/Iraq.

Is it that insane to suggest that the top 25 countries send in 20,000 troops each and under one command go in and wipe ISIS from the Mideast map. Sure, logistics wouldn't be easy, casualties high, but every law abiding country (including Arab nations) needs to get this done, yesterday.

I wouldn't suggest that this would solve the problems of sleeper cells in countries like Belguim and France but it sure would blunt the ability for these SOB's to be further radicalized, trained and funded.

We need to get this done.

How long do you stay?
Do borders remain the same?
Is Assad still in power?
How many civs will die?

what's the total death toll at the hands of ISIS world wide at this point? 10k-15k? More, less?

We need to get this done.

Like we did with AQ?

what's the total death toll at the hands of ISIS world wide at this point? 10k-15k? More, less?

My guess is 100,000+ when you factor in Iraq, Syria, and all the terrorist attacks they've inspired. This says there have been "at least" 18,802 civilians killed over the past two years in Iraq.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-death-toll-18-800-killed-iraq-2-years-u-n499426
I would expect at least double that amount in Syria, maybe more. And then you've got all the soldiers they've killed- they were kicking Assad's ass until the Russians showed up. And then factor in the terrorist attacks in other countries. I think they killed around 80 Kurds in one bombing in Turkey. And you had what, around 120 killed in Paris? And then all the mass killings in Libya and Tunisia. But maybe that estimate is way too high.

Been flipping between all the news channels tonight. I think as a whole everyone can agree we have a problem and it isn't going away any time soon. This might not be the tipping point but we are terribly close. What makes me cringe though is hearing some of the talking liberal on msnbc talk about being vigilant and saying we need to as a community use the "if we see something say something" my only advice for anyone in this position is to make damn sure you are right or the same liberals will ruin you and take your job. I think the frustrating part of all this is nobody really knows how to solve this ISIS threat.

Been flipping between all the news channels tonight. I think as a whole everyone can agree we have a problem and it isn't going away any time soon. This might not be the tipping point but we are terribly close. What makes me cringe though is hearing some of the talking liberal on msnbc talk about being vigilant and saying we need to as a community use the "if we see something say something" my only advice for anyone in this position is to make damn sure you are right or the same liberals will ruin you and take your job. I think the frustrating part of all this is nobody really knows how to solve this ISIS threat.

Vintage.

My guess is 100,000+ when you factor in Iraq, Syria, and all the terrorist attacks they've inspired. This says there have been "at least" 18,802 civilians killed over the past two years in Iraq.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-death-toll-18-800-killed-iraq-2-years-u-n499426
I would expect at least double that amount in Syria, maybe more. And then you've got all the soldiers they've killed- they were kicking Assad's ass until the Russians showed up. And then factor in the terrorist attacks in other countries. I think they killed around 80 Kurds in one bombing in Turkey. And you had what, around 120 killed in Paris? And then all the mass killings in Libya and Tunisia. But maybe that estimate is way too high.

So more or less than we killed in Iraq?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Incompetent Hillary, despite the horrible attack in Brussels today, wants borders to be weak and open-and let the Muslims flow in. No way!

Back