• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explosions at the Brussels Airport

Because they haven't been killing hundreds of thousands of muslims over the past 30 years?

Seems more likely it has to do with the fact the Japanese aren't allowing large numbers of Muslims to live in their country. But if you believe Muslim terrorists are able to find justification in murdering Americans because of US foreign policy, that's a good reason to keep them out, no?

Seems more likely it has to do with the fact the Japanese aren't allowing large numbers of Muslims to live in their country. But if you believe Muslim terrorists are able to find justification in murdering Americans because of US foreign policy, that's a good reason to keep them out, no?

No, it's definitely because Japan has been completely militarily isolationist since WWII (It's in their Constitution).

And who is arguing that we shouldn't be keeping Muslin terrorists (or any terrorists for that matter) out of the country? Oh, that's right - no one.

No, it's definitely because Japan has been completely militarily isolationist since WWII (It's in their Constitution).
You can't be serious. Look at what happened in Belgium. Their contribution has been minimal. I'm sure if there was a large Muslim population in Japan they could come up with a reason to start killing the native non-believers.

And who is arguing that we shouldn't be keeping Muslin terrorists (or any terrorists for that matter) out of the country? Oh, that's right - no one.

How many were terrorists before they immigrated? My guess is almost none. Most became terrorists after immigrating.

FFS.

The NSA spends shit tons of money and walks all over the Constitution when all they really need to do is keep track of this kid:

THIRD brush with terror: American Mormon, 19, left with burns and shrapnel injuries in Brussels attack also survived Boston and Paris bombings

• Mason Wells, 19, an American Mormon missionary, has survived his third terrorist attack
  • Mason was in Paris last year during the attacks and a block away from the finish line of the Boston Marathon during the bombings
  • The teen suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon, injuries from shrapnel and second- and third-degree burns on his face and hands

You can't be serious. Look at what happened in Belgium. Their contribution has been minimal. I'm sure if there was a large Muslim population in Japan they could come up with a reason to start killing the native non-believers.

You mean the Belgium that hosts the capital of the EU? Or that one who's participation in the anti-ISIS operations was directly referenced in ISIS's latest statement?

How many were terrorists before they immigrated? My guess is almost none. Most became terrorists after immigrating.

Ah - so we shouldn't just be letting Muslims into the country, we should be deporting the ones who are already here, just in case they become terrorists?

You've gone off the deep end.

You mean the Belgium that hosts the capital of the EU? Or that one who's participation in the anti-ISIS operations was directly referenced in ISIS's latest statement?

Ah - so we shouldn't just be letting Muslims into the country, we should be deporting the ones who are already here, just in case they become terrorists?

Sure, they can point to all that horseshit as justification for attacking Belgium just as they could kill the Japanese for hosting a gigantic US base and cooperating with the US military. Or even more simply, they could justify killing the Japanese for being non-believers. So why aren't they killing the Japanese? Because they're not being allowed into the country in significant numbers.

And you're being disingenuous and putting words in my mouth. No, we can't deport those who are here legally but we can stop future immigration until shit starts to settle down.

I agree. I happen to think one of our goals as a nation is to vigorously protect the unalienable rights of man, whether they be a native born American or not. Reasonable people can disagree on what our immigration policy should look like. Ultimately though, it is completely irrelevant to the fight against ISIS.

That is a dangerous crusader mindset.

The Muslim immigrants in Belgium apparently couldn't become Flemish or Waloon, and probably wouldn't want to, if they could. Nor will they in the future. So, then what?

Seriously? First of all the Japanese don't allow a large number of immigrants period to live in their country. Second, radical islamic terrorists don't just randomly pick places around the world to strike. I don't think they've ever referred to Japan as the great satan.

I don't need any additional reasons to keep out islamic terrorists, I just realize that they aren't coming in illegally across our southern border.

And I'm sure their treatment by native Belgians had nothing to do with how easy they were to radicalize.

Trump's rhetoric and an increase in anti-islamic xenophobia makes it more likely that American muslims will become radicalized.

Not really. Military action is usually an incredibly poor way to pursue that goal (Civil War and WWII being the exceptions).

um, human history disagrees. there are way more examples of military action resulting in goal accomplishment

Even the First Crusade was successful for 88 years

More bad news. This is from Politico

Tim Ball 37 MINUTES AGO
ATTACKERS LEFT BEHIND EXPLOSIVE NICKNAMED ‘MOTHER OF SATAN’

When the suspects in Tuesday’s airport bombing left for the airport with explosives packed in their luggage, Belgian prosecutors say they left behind 33 pounds of triacetone triperoxide. More widely known as TATP, it is an extremely potent and highly volatile explosive substance sometimes called “The Mother of Satan” for its ability to go undetected by police dogs and other security scanners, and the relative ease with which it can be produced using readily-available chemicals.

Also used in the Paris terror attacks last November, TATP gained notoriety when the infamous “shoe-bomber,” Richard Reid, hid a TATP fuse — which went undetected through airport security — in his shoe and attempted to detonate it on a transatlantic flight.

In a statement, the federal prosecutor revealed that in addition to the TATP, investigators found 150 liters of acetone (which is used in its production); detonators; a suitcase filled with screws and bolts; and other equipment used to manufacture explosive devices at the house in Schaarbeek.

Seriously? First of all the Japanese don't allow a large number of immigrants period to live in their country. Second, radical islamic terrorists don't just randomly pick places around the world to strike. I don't think they've ever referred to Japan as the great satan.

I don't need any additional reasons to keep out islamic terrorists, I just realize that they aren't coming in illegally across our southern border.

Yes, seriously. If you don't allow Muslims into your country you're not gonna have Muslim terrorist attacks. That is the real answer as to why Japan does not have to deal with Islamic terrorism. If there were large numbers of Muslim immigrants in Japan they could come up with any number of reasons to attack the locals. Look up all the US military bases in Japan- that would be reason enough. It's not like Denmark is "The Great Satan"- didn't stop Muslim terrorists from killing innocent Danes.

Back