• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explosions at the Brussels Airport

The cast your vote for Trump. He's your guy.

If it weren't for the Supreme Court I might actually agree- though I think both Hillary and Trump will be a disaster. Look up Hillary's email that was released regarding Israel and Syria. She sounds like a neocon. At least Trump seems to be opposed to getting us more heavily involved in these conflicts that, as 107 points out, are fueling Muslim hatred.

If it weren't for the Supreme Court I might actually agree- though I think both Hillary and Trump will be a disaster. Look up Hillary's email that was released regarding Israel and Syria. She sounds like a neocon. At least Trump seems to be opposed to getting us more heavily involved in these conflicts that, as 107 points out, are fueling Muslim hatred.

Donald Trump said we should kill their families. Seems pretty heavily involved to me.

Donald Trump said we should kill their families. Seems pretty heavily involved to me.

Figured the meaning of "heavily involved in these conflicts" would be clear, especially after I mentioned the Clinton email that was released regarding Syria. I'm talking about military engagement in the region, ie, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc. Trump opposed the Iraq intervention while Hillary supported it. She favored a more substantial military role in Syria and pushed for involvement in Libya. If you are concerned about the US killing Muslims, and the subsequent backlash, you might not want to vote for Hillary.

Figured the meaning of "heavily involved in these conflicts" would be clear, especially after I mentioned the Clinton email that was released regarding Syria. I'm talking about military engagement in the region, ie, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc. Trump opposed the Iraq intervention while Hillary supported it. She favored a more substantial military role in Syria and pushed for involvement in Libya. If you are concerned about the US killing Muslims, and the subsequent backlash, you might not want to vote for Hillary.

Way to be fall for Trump's revisionist history re: Iraq. Why would anyone ask for, or care about, a failed businessman's opinion on Iraq in 2002?

And you definitely wouldn't want to vote for Trump if you are concerned about Muslims (and their families) being killed by the US military.

Way to be fall for Trump's revisionist history re: Iraq. Why would anyone ask for, or care about, a failed businessman's opinion on Iraq in 2002?

And you definitely wouldn't want to vote for Trump if you are concerned about Muslims (and their families) being killed by the US military.

And Trump actually, publicly, said he supported the invasion before it happened, and only came out against it after. But BSF4L has decided facts don't matter in his anti-Hillary, pro-Bernie/Trump rampage.

They're all neocons. Don't kid yourself. There's a reason US Foreign policy seems to never change from President to President.

failed businessman is an interesting #narrative

He lacks the investing success of Hilldawg. Somebody should have told the Donald that the real dollars were in cattle futures and selling influence operating a charitable foundation while holding a cabinet position.

well Trump was right when he said Brussels has gone to hell. I mean this cat hid out blocks from his home town for 4 months. You can not tell me the community did not know he was there. People have to be held accountable if anyone aided this POS.

The current President is using drones to do precisely that. Apparently this is only conduct worthy of your scorn if a Republican says it, but not if a Dem does it.

The current President is using drones to do precisely that. Apparently this is only conduct worthy of your scorn if a Republican says it, but not if a Dem does it.

Out of curiosity, which branch of the US Armed Forces pilots those drones? How do you feel about the use of drone strikes on terrorist targets?

Out of curiosity, which branch of the US Armed Forces pilots those drones? How do you feel about the use of drone strikes on terrorist targets?

oh man careful its a trick question!

"Trump's rhetoric and an increase in anti-islamic xenophobia makes it more likely that American muslims will become radicalized."
I know this is an often repeated statement, but is there any proof to back up this statement?

I am strongly in favor of applying as much pain as we can put on these imbeciles, with as little risk as possible to American lives. I think the drone program is fantastic, and it is one of this Administration's best decisions (a short list, admittedly). I know this will offend delicate ears, but there is very little ambiguity who is the bad guy in this struggle, and it ain't us. Intentionally targeting unarmed civilians (as was done in Paris (twice), Brussels and in this country) is the sort of thing that we're not going to be able to talk our way out of. Ignoring this problem (Clinton I) didn't work. Sending Sweet Baby James to strum unplugged on the Champs-Elsyees didn't work. It won't work this time, either. The solution is the professional application of violence.

In this case, the drones are piloted by a combination of the Air Force, Navy and CIA.

Last edited:
I am strongly in favor of applying as much pain as we can put on these imbeciles, with as little risk as possible to American lives. I think the drone program is fantastic, and it is one of this Administration's best decisions (a short list, admittedly). I know this will offend delicate ears, but there is very little ambiguity who is the bad guy in this struggle, and it ain't us. Intentionally targeting unarmed civilians (as was done in Paris (twice), Brussels and in this country) is the sort of thing that we're not going to be able to talk our way out of. Ignoring this problem (Clinton I) didn't work. Sending Sweet Baby James to strum unplugged on the Champs-Elsyees didn't work. It won't work this time, either. The solution is the professional application of violence.

In this case, the drones are piloted by a combination of the Air Force, Navy and CIA.

I appreciate you directly answering the question. If the solution is the professional application of violence, and you agree that we have done that for about a decade and a half now, when do we start seeing that solution playing out?

i dunno, the British Navy dominated the globe for an era with some pretty brutal means

I appreciate you directly answering the question. If the solution is the professional application of violence, and you agree that we have done that for about a decade and a half now, when do we start seeing that solution playing out?

We've conducted a limited war and gotten the limited results we should have expected. The American public doesn't presently have the stomach for creating a lasting peace with these idiots, so we have to deal with our actual choices. These folks shoot their women for the crime of reading. American women are reading target coordinates on their safe houses. I think we are the good guys, without apology. We won't be able to #coexist with these people. We should either extricate ourselves completely from this mess (domesticating and alternating our energy sourcing would be fine any time you are ready, Mr. President), or flatten the place, or both. Since option 1 is the only thing we have the political capital to do, get on with it.

Last edited:
Back