• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball Coach Abusive?

Well done Wellman. You are doing a great job. This coach sounds like a looney tune.

I like supporting all the student athletes.

So you shouldn't be content with only four winning programs and you should be really concerned about how our volleyball players and their families have been treated.

So you shouldn't be content with only four winning programs and you should be really concerned about how our volleyball players and their families have been treated.

Surely you must know that there are more than four winning programs at Wake, right? Off the top of my head, over the past five years the following programs have won an ACC championship, made a final four, or been ranked top 5 in the country: men's soccer, women's soccer, men's golf, women's golf, field hockey, men's tennis, and men's and women's track and field athletes.

There are up to, I believe, 12 student athletes receiving volleyball scholarships at Wake per year. Hopefully the current coach is thoroughly investigated and fired if the allegations are true.

You're the one who just mentioned soccer and tennis.

You're the one who just mentioned soccer and tennis.

Yes, I mentioned them as two of the programs I enjoy following. Nowhere did I write anything about winning programs until you stated that four (I'm not certain where you came up with this number) winning programs is not enough.

Soccer and tennis. Four.

Soccer and tennis. Four.

I guess you're arguing just for the sake of arguing, but if you read my post I wrote that I follow men's soccer and men's tennis. Two.

My bad. Two sports. Doesn't help your case.

My bad. Two sports. Doesn't help your case.

I was simply listing the Wake sports I follow closely. You then brought up the idea of "winning programs" and I listed the 8 programs with ACC championships, final fours, and/or top 5 rankings in the past 5 years. And here we are.

Both the Wellman and the volleyball coach need to go. Wellman led the destruction of the revenue sports and then let an abusive losing volleyball coach continue for years under his watch. Unacceptable and as an alumni, parent and Deacon Club member, any contact I have with Wake Forest will include a discussion of the incompetence of the athletic department and the embarrassment it is to Wake Forest.

Last edited:
I was simply listing the Wake sports I follow closely. You then brought up the idea of "winning programs" and I listed the 8 programs with ACC championships, final fours, and/or top 5 rankings in the past 5 years. And here we are.

Are you trying to defend Wellman? The man is indefensible after he hired [Redacted] let alone kept him around 4 years. And now, here comes this volleyball news. Wellman's AD has turned into an absolute shit show since 2006. I don't care how many ACC tournaments our golf team has won, they can't over come the MASSIVE mistake Wellman has made. It's embarrassing.

Uh I think he was just trying to defend himself and defeat ph, but maybe I'm not reading so closely between the lines

Hyping up Wake athletics isn't the way to do it. Many have tried.

Athletic Director Ron Wellman told parents and players amidst a Title IX investigation into Murczek’s behavior in December 2014. “The anger isn’t so much emotion as it is a plan to get the team to a different level of success.”
What we need to do is to take a dump on Ron Wellman's desk, and leave a note saying that "this is not so much about defecation as it is a plan to get the athletic director to a different level of success."

Would be the first time. Fools errand, but can't blame him for trying.

I would never try to defeat Ph. I am well aware of his undefeated status. If Ish Smith couldn't take him down, there's no way I could.

Back