• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball Coach Abusive?

To this point, where in the hell are Scott Hamilton, Dan Collins and others in the local media? Is everyone too afraid of this pompous asshole to shove a microphone under his nose and start asking some questions?!!?

It takes Collins 2 months to notice a football player is missing from practice. That tells you all you need to know.

Thank the lord for Les Jones who had provided great coverage, though it's through a pay wall.

Cannot believe this is the first time we're hearing about the VB coach's behavior. Keep in mind, there's always 2 sides to every story, but with the number of voices that have risen up, over a number of years at that, it's alarming something hasn't been done.

It takes Collins 2 months to notice a football player is missing from practice. That tells you all you need to know.

Thank the lord for Les Jones who had provided great coverage, though it's through a pay wall.

Cannot believe this is the first time we're hearing about the VB coach's behavior. Keep in mind, there's always 2 sides to every story, but with the number of voices that haven risen up, over a number of years at that, it's alarming something hasn't been gone.

Well said.

As always, the truth probably is somewhere in the middle of the two stories, but frankly, the middle in this case is probably more than enough for him to be gone based on what I have read on it.

Well said.

As always, the truth probably is somewhere in the middle of the two stories, but frankly, the middle in this case is probably more than enough for him to be gone based on what I have read on it.

Exactly. If any of it is true, particularly the extent to which the athletic department dismissed the athlete's concerns, there is a major problem. I couldn't believe that an athlete could not have a parent or counsel at the hearing and had to face the coach and members of the AD by themselves.

Exactly. If any of it is true, particularly the extent to which the athletic department dismissed the athlete's concerns, there is a major problem. I couldn't believe that an athlete could not have a parent or counsel at the hearing and had to face the coach and members of the AD by themselves.

Sounds like something right out of North Korea. Wellman was judge, jury and executioner. What a creep.

It is mind boggling that Wellman destroyed the basketball program over questionable (at best) allegations of sexual misconduct yet allows this to continue.

It is mind boggling that Wellman destroyed the basketball program over questionable (at best) allegations of sexual misconduct yet allows this to continue.

That story had come & gone before Dino signed an extension, IIRC.

The 'culture rebuild' wasn't the AD's spin until after Stetson.

That story had come & gone before Dino signed an extension, IIRC.

The 'culture rebuild' wasn't the AD's spin until after Stetson.

It wasn't on the Today Show until well after Dino was gone. Remember it was the first huge thread on this #BuzzOUT board.

the smear/whisper campaign they did on Dino continues to be the show piece of the awful behavior the Wellman Athletic Department will sink to

Pretty damning of us. Few posted and those who posted bought the AD spin.

Pretty sure there was another thread when the HBO report occurred. Could be wrong though.

Wellman has always been a reliable man. If he said nothing happened, then nothing did. When has anybody ever caught Wellman in a lie? White lies don't count. Nor inconsequential lies. Nor meaningless lies. Nor lies that were never intended to be lies. Nor lies that were just opinions. I'm getting tired.

Dan reported the AD spin. Almost the whole article is the AD statement or Wellman quotes. It says they asked for quotes from the team but they wouldn't say anything to Dan if it was true anyway.

Why the parents? If anyone's suing, why not the players, i.e. the actual adults involved in the situation?

Scholarship. The people actually paying for the situation. It probably doesn't matter who the plaintiff is; they're all in it together.

Last edited:
Back