• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball Coach Abusive?

At this point I'm sure every move the AD makes with respect to this situation is being dictated by WF's lawyers. Probably a good (legal) reason the guy has not yet been cut loose.

Anyone who can get Bob Ley interested in this story will become a legend in boards history. Just sayin'.

To this point, where in the hell are Scott Hamilton, Dan Collins and others in the local media? Is everyone too afraid of this pompous asshole to shove a microphone under his nose and start asking some questions?!!?

The problem is that hardly anybody cares about non-revenue sports. Hell, half of you dudes wouldn't care about this at all if it weren't for Wellman's role.

The problem is that hardly anybody cares about non-revenue sports. Hell, half of you dudes wouldn't care about this at all if it weren't for Wellman's role.
If this is the end of Wellman, I care more than you can imagine!

Exactly. If any of it is true, particularly the extent to which the athletic department dismissed the athlete's concerns, there is a major problem. I couldn't believe that an athlete could not have a parent or counsel at the hearing and had to face the coach and members of the AD by themselves.

Without going into details, this is not anything new. I've mentioned it before, but Wellman is very, very slow to move on things like this. Like years slow.

Seems to me that this old story is being dredged up now for a singular reason-- to force Wellman out. When I read between the lines, that's what I see.

I have frequented the boards for years now and while this may have been posted at some point, I can't recall it. Pretty appalling list of allegations and implicating Wellman serves the higher purpose of facilitating his departure. Hasta la vista, Ronnie.

I don't think the latter is true.

Bzz was a shitty coach
Grobe was a great then shitty coach

This guy is a shitty coach who is also apparently a terrible human being.

Wellman has made some horrible coaching hires, but at least they sucked as coaches not at life. Knowingly allowing abuse like this, passing out snitches get stitches articles, refusing to meet with parents, saying the guy's anger is some Machiavellian way to achieve a 14-20 record...both of them can front hug each other on the way out.

ETA (playing Devil's advocate): If there were daily reports required, I'd think one of the players would have photocopied at least one and kept it. If that article was handed out, I'd think one of the players would have kept it. If these things were happening at practice, I'd think in this day and age one of the players would have video of at least one incident. Records of telephone calls to schedule appointments with administrators and records of the individual "depositions" have to be somewhere.

Last edited:
It seems like anyone who has ever played for him despises him. No matter what happened, that is enough evidence to me that he is not a good fit to coach college athletes.

Featured on the Today Show and now this. Meanwhile, the AD wants everyone to believe its all about culture.

If people can't see through this asshole's lies and total incompetence, I'm not sure what it will take.

I've always thought the people associated with the school are the best part of Wake Forest. Based on reports from current and former athletes, it sounds like Ken Murczek is not the kind of person that should be representing Wake and coaching student athletes.

I've always thought the people associated with the school are the best part of Wake Forest. Based on reports from current and former athletes, it sounds like Ken Murczek is not the kind of person that should be representing Wake and coaching student athletes.

Can you please give us the early version of the press release? Thanks!

Yet he is still the head volleyball coach.

Back