• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diplomacy

Waiting the full 24 hours every turn because Italy isn't submitting orders is really annoying. For the love of god will someone just go ransack the boot so we can get on with it? Damo's putting forth a solid effort.

he could just surrender

He hasn't checked in at all as far as we can tell. We can't surrender for him can we?

I feel like we have five people that are very responsive - Doofus, Toogs, SD3, DV7, and myself. Damo seems decently responsive as well (just needs a breakdown post game of what happened and where he can improve).

he put in orders, didnt just hold. eagles is very responsive. Knight if he has time is great. hoophead is a great player if he wants to, I can reach out.

also I am a premium member so I can make anonymous games

Yeah he did put orders in last year you're right - I can't fathom why he just held everything with one support though. He didn't submit orders today.

I think if we can get 7 people who are committed to play and run a series of anonymous games (say maybe just start with three - randomize countries) and we get a points system set up it could be a lot of fun.

but the thing is in my experience at least, getting people to play back to back is hard

wtf germany is going to win game 2. that looks interesting

I'm Germany in game 2 and offered a draw with Austria. I don't know if we're supposed to "plead" cases here or anything, but wanted to explain my rationale.

Russia and Italy have surrendered at this juncture and England will be eliminated after the next phase. Turkey can't win and France is spread too thin with no naval presence to hold off an attack from anyone over the next two years. Austria or I could go for 18 to top the table, but I see several ways for a stalemate line to be drawn up over the next three phases that would stalemate the middle of the board so this just preempts that. Austria and I haven't attacked each other yet in any capacity and had a DMZ across the middle and at this point I believe the "best" result is a draw. Maybe that's not the way people think the game should be played, but in my view that's the equitable and objectively best result.

I'm also down to play another game. I'd be interested in having seven people who are actually going to respond and play though.

I'm Germany in game 2 and offered a draw with Austria. I don't know if we're supposed to "plead" cases here or anything, but wanted to explain my rationale.

Russia and Italy have surrendered at this juncture and England will be eliminated after the next phase. Turkey can't win and France is spread too thin with no naval presence to hold off an attack from anyone over the next two years. Austria or I could go for 18 to top the table, but I see several ways for a stalemate line to be drawn up over the next three phases that would stalemate the middle of the board so this just preempts that. Austria and I haven't attacked each other yet in any capacity and had a DMZ across the middle and at this point I believe the "best" result is a draw. Maybe that's not the way people think the game should be played, but in my view that's the equitable and objectively best result.

I'm also down to play another game. I'd be interested in having seven people who are actually going to respond and play though.

I accepted FWIW

I'm down for another game but also have a tournament to coach in this weekend, so doing deadlines over the weekend wouldn't work for me. So if y'all want to do that, then I'll step out.

Still pissed at myself for blowing my early lead through some poor play.

Well done to sd3 and numbers.

Still pissed at myself for blowing my early lead through some poor play.

Well done to sd3 and numbers.

It was definitely a fun one. I would be down for an anonymous game if Toogs is down to set one up and run one. I'm fine with no weekend deadlines - I'm normally not tied to the internet like I am during the week.

Sorry for the stab in Scandanavia - I generally hate stabbing people but saw an opportunity to eliminate England without you getting another SC and I had it on decent information that a war was going to go down in the East and didn't want to aid you by providing another SC that I could end up taking myself. I guess we're even after you and England tried to stab for Denmark! Fair play by all though - it was a good one.

Now if we could just get that fleet out of Brest. It didn't move the whole game until it was destroyed and then a new one was built. It still didn't ever leave.

This is at the same time inappropriate and yet the way most games end.

This is at the same time inappropriate and yet the way most games end.

I have no qualms with playing it out (and would definitely want to do so as more people get experience and progress) but figured at this stage it would be fine to draw here and run another. I would love to get another game going if you wanna run an anonymous one Toogs? I think we definitely have seven people who would be down.

knight is still mad at me because he thought I would two way with him and stabbed for the easiest 18 in history

who is the 7? My premium expired but I have no problem re-upping.

who the hell is slowing this shit down

Would be sweet to do a 7 game series where each player gets 1 shot at each country during the rotation. Would require an outside 8th to set up the schedule and keep it anonymous but would still be fun.

I know thats an unrealistic idea, lets just play a game.

Back