• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diplomacy

For anyone interested in a Diplomacy tournament, the 31st annual Dixiecon Tournament is held in late May in Chapel Hill. Participants stay in Granville Towers for the weekend event.

David Hood runs the tournament as a first class event. It hosted the Diplomacy World Championship in 2014.

Dixiecon.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
it would be better to just surrender, gooner, if you aren't putting in moves. although you did your destroy last round (instead of retreating to a supply center of course)

Just created a new one - it's a super-fun variant and thought I'd see if others can join if I create it. It's fog-of-war and public-press-only. Fog of war means you can only see territories bordering your units (or last seen status). Have to rely on others for intel as to the full picture around the board, and all communication is public. Tends to create some funny situations (eg. HALP Russia is about to take all of Turkey! You liar - HAY GUYZ Turkey is already in Moscow HALP!).

I find it a lot of fun, so sign up if you're interested and know how to play (eg. Russian player this game qualifies but barely). Game details below:

128878. Foggy Suquey Pit
password: mafia

Just created a new one - it's a super-fun variant and thought I'd see if others can join if I create it. It's fog-of-war and public-press-only. Fog of war means you can only see territories bordering your units (or last seen status). Have to rely on others for intel as to the full picture around the board, and all communication is public. Tends to create some funny situations (eg. HALP Russia is about to take all of Turkey! You liar - HAY GUYZ Turkey is already in Moscow HALP!).

I find it a lot of fun, so sign up if you're interested and know how to play (eg. Russian player this game qualifies but barely). Game details below:

128878. Foggy Suquey Pit
password: mafia

Don't have a ton of time for Diplomacy right now, but this sounds like fun. I couldn't find the game to join it, though, as it didn't come up on search.

That ended up being an interesting game in some ways.

Back