• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Conference Realignment

What about Kentucky to the ACC?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

State gets my vote.

Clemson's non-student fans yes but I think State's student body tends to be more redneck.

Louisville is too big of a city to be redneck. They probably have the dumbest fans, though

SEC currently makes a good bit more money per team than the ACC, why would Kentucky be interested in taking a pay cut to join a different league?

What is the most "redneck" team in the ACC? Redneck includes consideration of both the actual students and the fanbase.

When you imagine a Clemson fan, you view them in overalls. When you imagine a State fan, you see a young person with incontinence.

Tough call.

SEC currently makes a good bit more money per team than the ACC, why would Kentucky be interested in taking a pay cut to join a different league?
I didnt realize that the Big 12 payout was so low that their members would especially be tempted to move. Texas really has that conference over a barrel.

I didnt realize that the Big 12 payout was so low that their members would especially be tempted to move. Texas really has that conference over a barrel.

Texas seems to own and run that conference. More like the other members just get to take turns in the barrel.

Sent from my LG

No way on earth KY is leaving the SEC. They are the most powerful TV conference out there. Although there is no exit fee from the SEC, doubtful anybody would be leaving the SEC anytime soon with the $$$ they are bringing in with their TV package

If the ACC starts poking around the SEC for new members, the ACC as we know it will be destroyed within a week.

I would go after S. Carolina before MD (or UConn for that matter)... How many of you were intrigued by a UNC-SC game in the NCAA tourney? Old time ACC fans probably were... but natural state rivals are always fun games (GA-FL for example)... I thought the NCAA missed an opportunity to have Gonzaga play OR and NC-SC in the semis for the regional interest it would create.

But to the point raised in my previous post - SC is one of the schools like Arkansas who have been left with no true rivals in their conference after decades of being in the SEC. MD at least played Penn St while in the ACC but I don't call that a rivalry game. Neb will be a member of this list in no time.

And in addition to not playing Pitt if it weren't for the OOC game with UNC two classes would graduate without seeing that match up

No school is leaving the SEC or the Big Ten for the ACC.

SEC has that money thing going. B1G has money and almost all members part of the Association of American Universities. ACC has a few members in that (UVA, GaTech, Duke, UNCheat). That was part of the appeal for Maryland to go to the B1G. They have been member of the AAU. The AAU is mainly large research oriented schools.

Back