• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Conference Realignment

I would go after S. Carolina before MD (or UConn for that matter)... How many of you were intrigued by a UNC-SC game in the NCAA tourney? Old time ACC fans probably were... but natural state rivals are always fun games (GA-FL for example)... I thought the NCAA missed an opportunity to have Gonzaga play OR and NC-SC in the semis for the regional interest it would create.

But to the point raised in my previous post - SC is one of the schools like Arkansas who have been left with no true rivals in their conference after decades of being in the SEC. MD at least played Penn St while in the ACC but I don't call that a rivalry game. Neb will be a member of this list in no time.

And in addition to not playing Pitt if it weren't for the OOC game with UNC two classes would graduate without seeing that match up

USC has one true rival and they play them every year.

16 will be UConn, whenever that happens. TX is the only Big 12 team that makes any sense, and I think they'd rather be in the Big Ten or Pac-12.

No way it's UCONN. Too much bad blood.

UCONN busted BC balls when they left the Big East. They haven't forgotten it. It's about time Texas starts pissing their conference partners again. Maybe WVa can be broken free from the "not so big 12". Cincinnati nearly made it the last time.

No to any school that brings a majority of fans that are Trump voters. UConn is our best bet.

UConn sued the ACC a while back. Don't think the ACC has forgotten (or forgiven).

I may be misremembering but while UConn was the ringleader, Pitt and Cuse were also involved and they were forgiven.

No 'cuse, but Pitt and Virginia freakin' Tech were part of that lawsuit. And yes, those two were forgiven.

BC's AD DeFilippo was the main driver of the anti-UConn movement, especially in the Pitt/Syracuse round of expansion. He's gone.

Still, hardly a lock UConn would get a invite. They did win a natty title soon after Calhoun left, but I'm interested to see if that program can have sustained success without him. They certainly didn't before he got there. And football is lousy. And maybe the ACC feels they have NYC already locked up with 'cuse and ND

I still like the idea of going after Navy. Gets some traction back in the DC market, Their academics are in order, and they have world wide following.

I still like the idea of going after Navy. Gets some traction back in the DC market, Their academics are in order, and they have world wide following.

ACC Legend David Robinson

It will be UConn if it ever happens. Would bet that the matter is settled within the ACC power structure.

I have no idea why people keep saying that.

The ACC with ND could try to raid the Big 12.

I have no idea why people keep saying that.

The ACC with ND could try to raid the Big 12.

What would be the school most likely to convince ND to join the ACC? I don't see any of the midwest big state schools doing that. Navy has played ND a lot. Bringing in Navy with ND would help in that respect.

From a Wake/small school perspective, Navy is a lot more attractive than ginormous State U from the midwest.

Uconn's lawsuit against the acc is a great example of why you shouldn't act rashly when you are pissed. That lawsuit probably made them feel good about themselves for a couple weeks but will have years or decades of negative consequences for uconn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would be the school most likely to convince ND to join the ACC? I don't see any of the midwest big state schools doing that. Navy has played ND a lot. Bringing in Navy with ND would help in that respect.

From a Wake/small school perspective, Navy is a lot more attractive than ginormous State U from the midwest.

The 16th school isn't going to convince them. The 14 existing schools will.

The 16th school isn't going to convince them. The 14 existing schools will.

Agreed that the existing schools are the major consideration for ND joining the ACC. The money is going to drive whether they stay independent or join any conference. The right 16th school might be just a little bit of sweetener that would tip the deal one way or the other.

I think they join regardless and that generates interest from potential 16th teams.

Navy has pretty much been a fixture on the ND schedule for quite a while. A deal that says Join the ACC and have Navy as a regular in-conference opponent might be a little more enticing than a deal that says join the ACC. You figure out how to maintain your Navy rivalry.

I still like the idea of going after Navy. Gets some traction back in the DC market

People need to not be so focused on location of school when they talk about being in a market. UVa and VT have countless more fans in the DMV than Navy does

Back