• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Conference Realignment

remember when Jeremy Thompson had a 80+ yard pick six against UConn?

that was fun

ACC could add Temple if another team needed. Philly market, decent basketball that should improve with Dunphy gone, and rising football program that can't keep a coach. Owls also need MONEY!

Some speculation on Sirius that Liberty would be considered by AAC as replacement for UConn. Pundit noted "their under- graduate enrollment is 45,000" without realizing that probably 2/3 of those students are online enrollees and may not even care that Liberty has a football program.

Some speculation on Sirius that Liberty would be considered by AAC as replacement for UConn. Pundit noted "their under- graduate enrollment is 45,000" without realizing that probably 2/3 of those students are online enrollees and may not even care that Liberty has a football program.

I would love to see them join the AAC. Most conferences have denied them due to their religious affiliation. I believe the offered conference USA 10 mil 8 mil over their 2 mil joining few and they still got denied. I admit I don't go to games but I still watch and keep up with them. My allegiance has always been to Wake as I mowed yards as a kid just to get season tickets to go see Wake play. No one in my family was a Wake fan I just loved Wake. And converted my family and a few friends.

The program has a ton of potential to be App like and beat them in Boone just two or three years ago while still in FCS.

Liberty brings a ton of baggage. Why would a bunch of regional public schools want to have to deal with that?

Yes. They're a common early season non-conference opponent already. It's about money and Liberty has a large alumni base and a (surprisingly) decent following. Unsurprisingly, in college athletics, if you bring in revenue, heads turn the other way.

Liberty also brings with it the coveted Lynchburg market..... um....

ACC could add Temple if another team needed. Philly market, decent basketball that should improve with Dunphy gone, and rising football program that can't keep a coach. Owls also need MONEY!

The Philly market doesn't care about college football.

I would take WV anyday. They are in the wrong geographic conference and they begged to belong to the ACC. I always wanted them over vatech or Louisville.

I would take WV anyday. They are in the wrong geographic conference and they begged to belong to the ACC. I always wanted them over vatech or Louisville.

Heck yeah - WV any day ... except Monday ... and Tuesday ... and now that I think about it Wednesday ... and Thursday ... but maybe Fri ... nope ... certainly not Saturday ... and gonna have to pass on Sunday also.

WVU would have been a better fit for the ACC than Pitt, academics aside.

Academics are of no concern in NCAA sports. The decision to disregard the violations accrued by UNC should be adequate proof. Money is all that matters to the NCAA and the ACC.

Back