• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Conference Realignment

carlosphat

Reaction score
This column - written by someone who says they're in the media - predicts a lot more realignment because of demands TV will place on the FBS schools in exchange for future financial support. He thinks we'll end up with 4 16-team power conferences with the midmajor conferences will end up playing in a separate subdivision like FBS and FCS are now. Also, he says a bunch of teams will flip between the power and midmajor conferences in part based on the size of the media market they play in. He has some dire predictions for you know who.

http://www.thechaosindex.com/cest-l...-to-change-a-whole-lot-more-than-you-realize/

This article is probably the dumbest shit I'll read all day and it's only 6:30 am.

This article is probably the dumbest shit I'll read all day and it's only 6:30 am.

Agree. Wake is a founding member of the ACC. If this conference were to kick Wake out the amount of money Wake would win in a lawsuit would be astronomical. You could not get close to estimating the damages Wake would receive. In addition no member would vote for it because it means it could happen to them once established. It's the silliest damn idea that appears here every so often.

One of the comments actually had a pretty good plan for eight 10 team conferences. play a full round robin and three OOC games each year. Eight conference champs go into a playoff.

This column - written by me - predicts a lot more realignment because of demands TV will place on the FBS schools in exchange for future financial support. I think we'll end up with 4 16-team power conferences with the midmajor conferences will end up playing in a separate subdivision like FBS and FCS are now. Also I say a bunch of teams will flip between the power and midmajor conferences in part based on the size of the media market they play in. I have some dire predictions for you know who.

FIFY

So you guys are ok with the sham that the NCAA is? Have fun in you bucket of shit.

Monday’s revised notice of allegations makes far narrower case against North Carolina than original, 2015 notice

NCAA removes references to football, men’s basketball, singles out women’s basketball

UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham: ‘They measured it against their bylaws and historical precedent, and this is what we’re l
eft with’

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article73829487.html#storylink=cpy

Still like my thread about the future happening of four 16 team power conferences seceding from the NCAA to get rid of their oppressive style and get to a Big Boy run style with a less thick & easier to understand rule book, where even our football & basketball media guide year books can have color photos throughout and we will set up our own football playoffs & 64 team basketball tourney.

I think the Big 12 folks have it correct in that they either need to make big moves quick or get swallowed up by others, just like we did to the old Big East.

There is a story on Bleacher Report that Notre Dame is in discussion with ACC about becoming a full member including football.

So you guys are ok with the sham that the NCAA is? Have fun in you bucket of shit.

Monday’s revised notice of allegations makes far narrower case against North Carolina than original, 2015 notice

NCAA removes references to football, men’s basketball, singles out women’s basketball

UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham: ‘They measured it against their bylaws and historical precedent, and this is what we’re l
eft with’

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article73829487.html#storylink=cpy

I have been saying all along that NOTHING was going to happen to UNC.

There is a story on Bleacher Report that Notre Dame is in discussion with ACC about becoming a full member including football.

Just saw this as well. The quote is from Tim Brando. I didn't realize their deal with NBC was only 15 million a year. They get 1/5 of a full share from the ACC because football is the money maker. That left them 5 million behind what every other conference school got with their combined ACC and NBC money.

ACC needs to make Notre Dame join as a full member. This sweetheart deal they've had for the past 20 years makes me sick. It's probably better for them from a football standpoint too. If they win the conference, they're probably going to the playoffs and they can keep the USC rivalry.

Better put them in the other division, though I'd be a little worried since they already have rivalries with FSU (to some degree) and BC.

I assume we'd go to 16 to round things out? UConn or Cincys lucky day?

Miami-ND is the better rivalry. They'll get put in the other division.

I'll believe ND will join the ACC when I see it

if it does happen, those in the other division opposite ND would actually play ND less frequently than they do now, even if the ACC went to a 9-game schedule

I wonder if the ACC would consider a format with 4 blocks of 4 teams each which then rotate to form divisions; e.g., Blocks A, B, C, D each have 4 teams and every two years they switch other blocks to pair with to form a division; A&B for 2 years, then A&C, then A&D

If ND joined as a full member, the divisions could be shaped mostly along the long time members and the expansion teams:

OLD GUARD

CLEMSON
UNC
STATE
DUKE
WAKE
UVA

NEWBIES

ND
L'Ville
Pitt
BC
Miami
VT
Cuse

Then, the decision would then be which division to put FSU/GT in for balance. Would guess that FSU would go into the Old Guard division and GT in the Newbie for balance.

BTW, hilarious to me that Pitt will now have been in the ACC for 5 years and WF has never played them in football.

Last edited:
Back