• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official UEFA Euro 2016 Thread

Spain's not even taking their best striker -- Torres. and it's sad that he's currently their best striker.

Boyata and Lombaerts out for Belgium. They're going to end up starting Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Denayer, and Alderweireld. Hope for them none of those dudes get hurt.

Their central defense looked shaky yesterday against Cameroon -- not sure Rami and Koscielny were on the same page and Lass Diarra is going to be playing in front of them most likely, but everything ahead of that looks great. I'm hoping they run Griezmann, Martial, and Coman with Matuidi and Pogba supporting at some jokers.

France has the best strikers. Quality over quantity.

Maybe if they had Benzema, but remember that he's suspended for blackmailing a teammate over a sextape.

I'll listen to your argument if you want to say Griezmann is better than Kane (though I think Kane is more well rounded striker and better able to play as a lone striker - he's also been better in international play to this point in their careers ... I'm a bit worried that Griezmann might just be a perfect fit for Atletico's system) ... but the rest of France's strikers are either trash (Giroud) or very young and unproven (Martial). They called up Gignac for fuck's sake, and I don't rate him at all.

I'd easily take Kane, Vardy and Sturridge over any set of strikers in the tournament on both quality and quantity - any of the 3 would start up top for basically every favorite in the tournament. England's problems are pretty much everywhere else on the pitch.

Giroud: 28 goals in 41 matches as a starter and a sub and extremely problematic to defend in the air = GARBAGE !

Giroud: 28 goals in 41 matches as a starter and a sub and extremely problematic to defend in the air = GARBAGE !

Giroud's official team photo for the France squad:

Donkey.jpg

Maybe if they had Benzema, but remember that he's suspended for blackmailing a teammate over a sextape.

I'll listen to your argument if you want to say Griezmann is better than Kane (though I think Kane is more well rounded striker and better able to play as a lone striker - he's also been better in international play to this point in their careers ... I'm a bit worried that Griezmann might just be a perfect fit for Atletico's system) ... but the rest of France's strikers are either trash (Giroud) or very young and unproven (Martial). They called up Gignac for fuck's sake, and I don't rate him at all.

I'd easily take Kane, Vardy and Sturridge over any set of strikers in the tournament on both quality and quantity - any of the 3 would start up top for basically every favorite in the tournament. England's problems are pretty much everywhere else on the pitch.

Martial is the most technically gifted of all the strikers you mentioned -- I'm biased of course, but that kid is the truth.

I also rate Griezmann very highly.

Having 3 strikers doesn't mean much when they all won't be playing at the same time.

I think France's strikers will combine for the most goals scored of any countries' strikers, including England.

Martial is the most technically gifted of all the strikers you mentioned -- I'm biased of course, but that kid is the truth.

Having 3 strikers doesn't mean much when they all won't be playing at the same time.

I think France's strikers will combine for the most goals scored of any countries' strikers, including England.

Just don't let Griezmann take the penalty shots.

I would imagine England will play with 2 strikers a lot - would make sense to use a system that maximizes the talent they have (but this is Hodgson, so who knows - he might go with Milner as a false 9 because "EXPERIENCE"). Kane+Vardy or Kane+Sturridge with a diamond midfield you'd think you'd see at least in parts.

As for Martial, I think he's going to be a superstar ... but he's also just a kid, and he only scored 11 league goals last season and he's still probably best on the wings. If Benzema wasn't a possible criminal and surely a creep, he'd be a dead set starter as the France team doesn't have a terrific true center forward without him (Griezmann and Martial are better wider and Giroud and Gignac are donkeys). Can't say they have the best strikers if they really only 1 true one and he's (again) a donkey.

France's attack in general though is filthy when you consider Payet and Coman and Pogba's relentless runs from deeper. They are going to score a LOT of goals.

Wait till Giroud wins the finals in the air on a set piece.

I would imagine England will play with 2 strikers a lot - would make sense to use a system that maximizes the talent they have (but this is Hodgson, so who knows - he might go with Milner as a false 9 because "EXPERIENCE"). Kane+Vardy or Kane+Sturridge with a diamond midfield you'd think you'd see at least in parts.

As for Martial, I think he's going to be a superstar ... but he's also just a kid, and he only scored 11 league goals last season and he's still probably best on the wings. If Benzema wasn't a possible criminal and surely a creep, he'd be a dead set starter as the France team doesn't have a terrific true center forward without him (Griezmann and Martial are better wider and Giroud and Gignac are donkeys). Can't say they have the best strikers if they really only 1 true one and he's (again) a donkey.

France's attack in general though is filthy when you consider Payet and Coman and Pogba's relentless runs from deeper. They are going to score a LOT of goals.

Rooney is England's captain. He is going to start.

You realize that, right?

Dzagoev out for Russia with a broken foot, but Neustädter makes the team after getting his passport last week (and that's a long and fucked up story, frankly).

God is Russia going to be unfun.

I think he'll play Rooney at the tip of the diamond just behind two strikers, whether that's Kane and Vardy or maybe Sturridge, but doubtful.

Back