• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official UEFA Euro 2016 Thread

vadimivich

Reaction score
When:

June 10th - July 10th, 2016

Where:

France

Logo:

uefa-euro-2016-logo-vector-download.jpg

Mascot:

the-uefa-euro-2016-mascot-driblou-goalix-or-super-victor-news_gv4.jpg

Betting Favorites:

France - 3/1
Germany - 7/2
Spain - 11/2
England - 8/1

dv7, any house cash games we can win some money in this time around?

I get the feeling this is going to be a crazy tournament - none of the favorites seem very strong right now. France is dealing with chaos inside the team with the Benzema/Valbuena sex tape blackmail scandal that cost them their best striker, Germany is just in a malaise and can't defend at all right now, Spain is old and looked terrible in their last major tournament and England is ... well, they are England. Take weak(ish) favorites and combine them talented teams like Belgium along with new squads that play together terrifically (Austria and Wales in particular) and with a bigger field and it just seems like chaos is coming.

I hope Portugal, Iceland, and Austria can all make it out of Group F.

I'm out on this Russia team btw - just a bunch of unlikable guys and general crap ass style of play. And Russian nationalism being exported via the sports teams is at a pretty ugly moment.

As bad as Spain was in Brazil, the team is talented enough to leave Juan Mata at home.

Alaba is known to the general sporting public a bit already, but even starring for Bayern it's hard for a defensive player to truly break into the global sports consciousness. I bet this is the tournament it happens though - he plays in the midfield for Austria and is an absolutely dynamic, brilliant footballer. He's also the coolest cat in every room he's in, along with being photogenic and easy with the press. If he carries Austria deep in the knock out rounds, he's going to become a mega star.

1162014_1_GEPA_full_9058_GEPA-08091532038.jpg

dv7, any house cash games we can win some money in this time around?

We doing another player draft? WF03 and myself did pretty well the last time.

I can't run it. Have a couple vacations lined up during the tournament. I'll be on a boat for the last 2 QFs and the 2 SF matches.

I'd play though if somebody else wanted to run it this year.

I'd like Belgium but their draw is not a kind one. They're likely going to have to go through something like Croatia/Germany/France to make the final as group winners, or three straight winners of other groups (possibly Portugal/England/Spain) if they come in second. And their group arguably is the hardest, as well.

If they win it, it will have been earned

Back